The Master of Science in Pharmacology (MSP) is a two-year, online degree program geared toward teaching students:
- The fundamental principles of pharmacology
- Mechanisms of drug action
- Current topics in drug discovery
- Strategies, techniques and critical thinking skills needed for drug research
The program is designed for working professionals who are interested in advancing in their careers or enhancing their competitiveness for admission to other degree programs.
The online format of the MSP program allows for greater flexibility and ease of attendance regardless of geographical location.
UCI’s Pharmacology faculty are among the best in the field, recognized both nationally and internationally for their scientific research and publications. A number of faculties have worked in and/or founded pharmaceutical companies and hold patents relative to drug discoveries they made.
UCI is ranked as the No. 9 public university in the nation, by U.S. News & World Report. The university is noted for its excellent research and graduate programs, an extensive commitment to undergraduate education, and a growing number of professional schools and programs of academic importance and social significance.
Courses for Master of Science in Pharmacology (MSP) Program
The MSP degree program requires 39 units of coursework, including 3 units of a capstone project. All courses in the program are required.
- PHARM 271 Principles of Pharmacology (3 units). Online.
- PHARM 272 Receptors and Drug Targets (3 units). Online.
- PHARM 274 Research Techniques in Pharmacology (3 units). Online.
- PHARM 276 Experimental Design and Data Analysis (3 units). Online.
- PHARM 277 Ethics in Scientific Research (3 units). Online.
- PHARM 278 Concepts in Drug Discovery (3 units).
- PHARM 279 Special Topics in Pharmacology (3 units). Online.
- PHARM 280 Masters Project in Pharmacology (3 units). Online.
- PHARM 281 Neuropharmacology (3 units). Online.
- PHARM 282 Behavioral Pharmacology (3 units). Online.
- PHARM 283 Cardiovascular Pharmacology (3 units). Online.
- PHARM 284 Endocrine, Respiratory and Gastrointestinal Pharmacology (3 units). Online.
It is projected that your annual fees will be approximately $21,500 per year* (for two years). UC Irvine bills for fees each quarter.
This is a different fee structure than other UC programs due to the unique nature of the program and its associated technology costs
Currently, there is no additional charge for out-of-state or international students
You are expected to take and complete two online courses each quarter during Fall (September-December), Winter (January-March), Spring (March-June).
* Program fees subject to change.
NOTE: This program is a self-supporting degree program and not supported with state funds, thus certain fee waivers traditionally accepted by the University of California may, or may not, be accepted. For example, the MSP program is not subject to the state law regarding Cal/Vet tuition/fee exemptions, and students enrolling in this program cannot use Cal/Vet tuition/fee exemptions.
About the School
Ranked as one of the top 50 U.S. medical schools for research by U.S. News & World Report, UC Irvine Health School of Medicine is dedicated to advancing medical knowledge and clinical practice thr ... Read More