The online Master of Science in Biostatistics (MSBST) is designed for professionals with a bachelor’s degree who aspire to start or advance their careers in biostatistics, statistics or data science.
Offered by the School of Public Health & Information Science at the University of Louisville, this program delivers a forward-thinking curriculum that emphasizes medical, dental, nursing and healthcare applications of statistical analysis, with applicability across countless other industries. Through state-of-the-art coursework in designing research studies and applying modern statistical analysis, you’ll be equipped with the expertise needed to meet the growing industry demand for skilled statisticians who can effectively drive evidence-based decisions.
- Learn rigorous statistical analysis methodology you can apply to any industry.
- Gain extensive training in statistical computing and data management in the SAS, SPSS and R statistical software programs.
- Join one of the very few comprehensive biostatistics programs in the nation.
- Build upon your background—the program is open to individuals with a bachelor’s degree in any field with some exposure to the quantitative background.
- Complete your degree in as few as 3 semesters.
- Transfer up to 6 credits from a regionally-accredited institution.
Ongoing innovation in a variety of industries creates the need for skilled statisticians and bioinformatics professionals to drive evidence-based decisions in medicine, nursing, public health, commerce, and engineering. The field is projected to experience a staggering 34% growth rate from 2014-2024. In 2016, statisticians earned a median annual salary of $80,500 (BLS.gov).
Graduates of our online MSBST program are equipped with the expertise needed to pursue careers with:
- Pharmaceutical corporations
- Medical researchers
- Government agencies (FDA, NIH, Census Bureau)
- Universities and research institutions
- Hospitals and cancer centers
Not quite ready to commit to a master’s program?
Get a feel for the industry with an online Graduate Certificate in Biostatistics—a 12 credit hour (4 courses) program that can be the perfect platform to launch your next education achievement.
About the School
The University of Louisville is a state-supported research university located in Kentucky's largest metropolitan area. It was a municipally supported public institution for many decades prior to joini ... Read More