A Doctor of Medicine is a doctorate-level degree that requires at least six years of study, research, and hands-on practice to earn. To obtain an M.D., students must complete medical school followed by an internship and a residency in a general hospital or specialty clinic.
A Doctor of Medicine is an advanced degree that prepares students for a career in medicine. Most programs combine clinical science classes with laboratory work and hands-on experience in the form of residencies or internships.
Antigua and Barbuda is a twin-island land lying between the Caribbean Sea and the Atlantic Ocean. It consists of two main inhabited islands, Antigua and Barbuda, and a number of smaller islands.
M.D. in Doctor of Medicine in Antigua and Barbuda
Each semester is 18-weeks, giving students a short break between their studies. New and transferring students may apply for January and August start dates while May is reserved for transfer students only. [+]
AUA requires a minimum of 90 credit hours of college courses, but strongly recommends that applicants earn a degree from an accredited undergraduate institution [+]
AUA requires a minimum of 90 credit hours of college courses, but strongly recommends that applicants earn a degree from an accredited undergraduate institution
The following courses are prerequisites:
• General Biology I course – 3 credits
• General Biology I Lab – 1 credit
• General Biology II course – 3 credits
• General Biology II Lab – 1 credit
• General Chemistry I course – 3 credits
• General Chemistry I Lab – 1 credit
• General Chemistry II course – 3 credit
• General Chemistry II Lab – 1 credit
• Organic Chemistry I course – 3 credits... [-]