MA Medical Education
This Course is concerned with the contemporary practice of medical education in both Higher and Professional Education contexts though with a focus on practice based contexts. The Course recognises the diverse educational roles and responsibilities of those involved in the design, delivery and evaluation of medical education and is designed to meet the development needs of both those new to medical education and those with considerable experience.
This Course provides you with a sound theoretical underpinning to the practice of medical education in its contemporary policy, professional and practice contexts. It aims to foster the development of a full range of medical educator skills and provides opportunities for you to engage in a range of work related professional development activity.
Specifically, this Certificate - level Course aims to:
- Position medical education in both historical and contemporary theoretical, policy and professional contexts
- Enable students to adopt a critical, analytical and reflective stance towards medical education and its practice
- Support the development of medical educator skills in relation to both Higher Education and Professional Education contexts
- Develop key transferrable skills as detailed in section 7
- Promote students critical self awareness and reflexivity in relation to the practice of medical education and their current and / or future educational / supervision roles
Why choose this course?
* Designed to meet the needs of medical, dental and healthcare educators who work in NHS, academic, Deanery, Royal College and independent sector settings.
* Recognised strengths in workplace based learning.
* Academic rigour combined with strong pastoral element described as a programme with a heart.
* Flexible pathways through the course with a choice of specialist PgCert entry pathways (Medical Education, Dental Education, Medical Simulation and Medical Education (Leadership).
* Blended approach combines study days in beautiful surroundings with supported, interactive online learning.
* Creative approaches to teaching, learning and assessment modelled.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated October 23, 2017