This course aims to enable an in-depth knowledge and understanding of leadership practice in Health and Social Care, informed by current scholarly research and including a critical awareness of current issues and developments at the forefront of this field.
- Award: Masters
- Duration: 1 or 2 years
- Mode of Study: Full-time
- Start Date: October
- Awarding Institution: Bishop Grosseteste University
- Institution Code: B38
Why Study This Course?
- An extremely flexible course that is focused on service provision, which bridges the gap between theory and practice.
- Provides you with excellent employability skills and experience, as you will meet and work closely with employers.
- A small experienced team within the sector provides excellent pastoral care and can offer an authentic viewpoint on how the course applies to practice.
- Opportunity to experience a unique and wide range of placements within a variety of settings across the sector.
- You will need to have obtained or be predicted to obtain, normally an undergraduate honours degree in a Humanities or Social Science related subject (or equivalent).
- In addition, all students will need to pay Â£57.20 for an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure Barring Service. A successful Enhanced Disclosure is required before commencing the course.
Tim Gouw / Unsplash
About The Course
You will be encouraged to develop critical self-reflection and self-management skills, along with developing the ability to learn through the reflection of practice and experience. You will also have the opportunity to undertake a research project relevant to your practice. This Masters course is aimed at advanced practitioners, supervisors and managers working or volunteering in the field of Health and Social Care who have extensive experience in practice, and whose current role is to lead, support and challenge those working within the field.
Throughout this course, you will have the opportunity to work out your own ways of approaching situations and issues by exploring other perspectives and through increased self-awareness. The programme is designed to improve your ability to address issues involved in the successful implementation of practice and in securing better outcomes. You will be encouraged to develop a greater understanding of yourself and of the theoretical issues that examine the nature of leadership, thereby increasing your ability to manage complex issues in the future.
- Professional Judgment And Decision-Making
- Supervision Of Practitioners In Health And Social Care
- Research Skills
- The Essence Of Leadership
- Organisational Analysis
A variety of assessments will be used, including presentation, observation, relationship building and research skills, ICT, critical thinking and analysis, all of which are designed to enhance your professional skills. We would expect students to make an early and significant contribution to improvement within their workplace.
Careers & Further Study
The aim of this course is to improve your employment prospects and to enable you to achieve your personal learning goals. Graduates of this course will be able to develop their careers within their own workplace or to look for advancement opportunities within the wider Health and Social Care field. This includes statutory, private, independent and voluntary providers. Typical career and training progression routes for MA students also include such areas as teaching, or further academic study (e.g. PhD study).
Studying at BGU is a student-centred experience. Staff and students work together in a friendly and supportive atmosphere as part of an intimate campus community. You will know every member of staff personally and feel confident approaching them for help and advice, and staff members will recognise you, not just by sight, but as an individual with unique talents and interests. We will be there to support you, personally and academically, from induction to graduation.
**Â£2,000 international scholarship available. Successful discounts will be awarded on information contained within the personal statement. An awarding panel will be drawn from senior members of the institution.
About the School
Here at Bishop Grosseteste University (BGU), we’ve been educating students in the historic heart of the City of Lincoln for over 150 years, located on a beautifully green and pleasant campus just a fe ... Read More