The International Medical College IMC® performs postgraduate international Master's courses using a blended learning concept; theoretical contents (basic course and specialization course) are conveyed through our e-learning platform e-med via the internet, together with practical clinical courses, advanced training, lectures and seminars in our own virtual conference system.
The basic course and the specialization course concludes with an exam. In addition, the students have to write a master thesis and to pass the final oral exam.
International Medical College (Muenster, Germany), University of Duisburg-Essen (Essen, Germany) and various other training places.
Beginning and Duration
every year from 1st March - October following year
(attendance in Germany for practical trainings and final exam)
Final academic degree
Master of Science in Specialized Orthodontics (M.Sc.)
The study program has a total time commitment of approximately 1500 hours, which is equivalent to 60 ECTS credit points
- general or relevant subject-related university entrance qualification, and
- one of the following professional qualifications on the basis of successfully completed university studies:
- license to practice medicine or dentistry in Germany (requiring the successful completion of dental/general medical studies at a university with a regular duration of at least 10 semesters (300 CP), or equivalent license recognized by a state medical or dental board of one's respective country;
- enrolment in the institution conducting the study program.
3. accreditation as an orthodontics specialist in Germany or equivalent accreditation acquired in another country.
The course is offered in German and English language.
The master study requires a satisfactory level of German/English. Your English skills should be at least on the B-Level (Common European Framework of Reference for Languages, CEFR). There is no certificate necessary.
This master course is an additional qualification for licensed dentists in the fields of specialized orthodontics and orthognathic surgery.
(Please note, that for to work as a dentist in Germany you have to do the equivalency exam to get the German approbation at the local government. Different regulations apply to the equivalence exam for different countries of origin.)
Modules and Curriculum
Part-time-course (in the German language):
Basis- und Spezialisierungsmodule
Part-time-course (in the English language):
Basic Modules and Specialization Modules
About the School
The International Medical College (IMC®) is a university alliance of different Universities with the aim to perform postgraduate international Master Courses and continuing education programs in oral ... Read More