Prepare to provide even better patient care and take your career to the next step. Northern Illinois University’s online, CCNE-accredited M.S. in Nursing to Doctor of Nursing Practice (M.S. in Nursing to D.N.P.) program prepares you to take on roles in advanced nursing practice, health care leadership, administration, research, and education.
For registered nurses, this D.N.P. evidence-focused curriculum consists of 35 credits which include an individualized practicum experience. You’ll learn new approaches to care delivery and advanced knowledge on clinical judgment, systems thinking and accountability, as well as how to formulate and implement patient care plans that improve health outcomes and ensure patient safety.
- Credits Required: 35 credit hours.
- Cost Per Credit Hour: $720 per credit hour.
- Time to Completion: Full-time students can complete their degree in as few as two years. The maximum time to completion is 10 years.
- Program Modality: All courses are taught 100 percent online.
- Accreditation: Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE).
No matter which path you choose — leadership, education or advanced practice — nursing employment is on the rise. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, advanced practice nurses make a median annual salary of $110,930, with a job outlook that is projected to grow 31 percent from 2016 to 2026.1
Our online D.N.P. has the following admission requirements. Depending on your pathway, additional requirements may be needed:
- Completed application.
- Official transcripts.
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 3.2 in a master’s degree program in nursing.
- Current Illinois RN license.
- A professional goal statement.
- Three professional letters of reference.
- A master’s degree in nursing from an accredited program.
- Preceptor-verified clinical hours in an M.S. program.
1Bureau of Labor Statistics. U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, Nurse Anesthetists, Nurse Midwives, and Nurse Practitioners. Retrieved Jan. 31, 2019, from https://www.bls.gov/ooh/healthcare/nurse-anesthetists-nurse-midwives-and-nurse-practitioners.htm
About the School
Create an educational experience as unique as you, and pursue your passion from day one. Get the preparation you need for a successful life and career and the individual support you deserve. Welcome t ... Read More