As a student of Medical Technology Quality, you will develop the tools and competencies to be an effective professional and leader in the field. You will learn the fundamentals of quality for the MedTech industry, MedTech regulatory impact, development and implementation of quality systems, design and manufacturing process development and validation and the overall management of quality for the industry.
- Offered at St. Cloud State at Plymouth lectures are available in person and via remote.
- Available as both a full-time and a part-time program.
- Courses offered weekday evenings and Saturday mornings.
- Designed in collaboration with MedTech industry professionals.
- Coursework includes real-world examples and projects.
- Graduate assistantships are available.
- Medtech employees earn on average 40% more than their counterparts in other industries
- Courses are taught by industry experts with practical experience and leadership working in regulatory and related fields.
- The industry's most senior and experienced executive leaders in medical device design and manufacturing quality serve on the program's industry advisory board.
- The annual MedTech networking and job fair are the largest of its kind featuring 15-20 MedTech industry companies.
- Recognized STEM graduate program.
|International Outside U.S.||International Inside U.S.|
|Fall||May 15||August 1|
|Spring||October 15||December 1|
- Product quality
- Product commercialization
University Facts & Stats
- 60 graduate programs leading to graduate certificates, master’s and doctoral degrees
- More than 200 graduate assistantships awarded per year
- Graduate assistants receive up to a $9,250 stipend per year and tuition reimbursement for up to eight graduate credits per semester.
Requirements and Details
The Medical Technology Quality master’s program offers full-time, part-time and certificate options. Admission decisions are made on a rolling basis. When spots are filled, applicants will automatically be considered for the next semester.
When applying for a graduate program, the School of Graduate Studies serves as a liaison between the applicant and the program. Application materials should be sent to the School of Graduate Studies.
Once all application materials are received, Graduate Studies will forward materials to the program for review and an interview will be scheduled. Thereafter, an admission recommendation will be forwarded to Graduate Studies for a final decision and notification to the applicant.
For admission consideration, applicants must meet minimum Graduate Studies admission requirements. The Graduate Record Exam (GRE) is not required, but 3-5 years of post-baccalaureate work experience and an undergraduate degree in one of the following areas is recommended:
- Public health
- Another relevant field
Once you submit your application, email email@example.com so that your application can be tracked and fast-tracked. Applications will be reviewed by the program director and instructors to ensure qualifications.
Tuition is $826.43 per credit for the current academic year.
Independent Course application
If you would like to take individual courses without pursuing a degree, you can register as a Special Student.
To be eligible to take independent courses you must:
- Have an undergraduate degree (in one of the recommended areas is preferred)
- Have at least 3-5 years of post-undergraduate work experience
Once you have registered as a Special Student, you can activate your StarID. Your StarID allows you to access to the university’s services.
Broaden your expertise in Medical Technology Quality on your schedule
Medical device companies, large and small, rely on quality management assurance activities to provide solutions that reliably meet the need of physicians and the patients they serve. Implementing and maintaining quality systems and products throughout their life cycle is a critical contribution to all medical device companies across the globe.
Designed by industry experts, the program provides extensive knowledge and skills in a convenient setting at St. Cloud State at Plymouth. All courses are taught by faculty who are leaders in quality with extensive practical experience working for medical device companies.
The Medical Technology Quality program now offers graduate education with options for part-time or full-time master’s programs as well as a graduate certificate program.
The program also allows you to take courses on an individual basis.
If you're looking to expand your competencies in medical device regulations, check out our Medical Device Regulation graduate certificate program.
About the School
At St. Cloud State, an education is about far more than an education. It will be an opportunity to explore ideas, seek out unique perspectives and embrace new challenges – all of which will help you u ... Read More