The orthoptist is a specialist in the balance of vision that provides, on medical prescriptions, visual rehabilitation in low vision and the treatment of binocular vision disorders such as oculomotor imbalances and neurosensory deficits.
By means of appropriate rehabilitation techniques based essentially on ocular gymnastics, the orthoptist whose function extends from the child to the elderly person, can remedy problems of convergence and deficiencies and render to his patients a good comfort. visual.
Orthoptists also participate in exploration and screening operations.
- UPSAT exclusivity: UPSAT is the only university in Tunisia that trains orthoptists.
- The best internships in Tunisia (HEDI Raïes Institute, Tunis Military Hospital , ophthalmology department of Cartagena Clinic, lazer center and ophthalmological exploration of Tunis, Ibn ZOHR ophthalmology clinic .
bspence81 / Pixabay
- General anatomy
- General physiology
- Anatomy and histology of the eye and the visual system
- Physiology of the eye and the visual system
- Geometrical optics
- Physical optics
- Biology and microbiology
- Notions of sanitation and hospital hygiene
- Internet and web
- Refraction and visual acuity in children
- Refraction and contactology
- General pathology
- Binocular vision normal function, abnormal, eye movements and other disorders
- Approach to eye motility and ocular position theory of manifest and latent strabismus
- Method of orthoptic examinations of strabismus and amblyopia
- Ophthalmology Support
- Basic first aid
- Nursing / nursing internship
- Pathology of the eye and the visual system, dysfunction of visual perception, visuo-integrative function
- Special pharmacology
- Management of strabismus: rehabilitation, prismation, surgery - relevant treatment methods, exploration of visuo-integrative functions
- Orthoptic internship - strabology - refraction -ato - operating room assistance (method of exploration of eye position and movements, visual perception, visual-integrative and oculo-vestibular functions)
- Professional identity
- General psychology
- Visual system disorders: amblyopia, nystagmus, ocular motility, visual system disorders
- Visual screening
- Orthoptic internship - strabology - refraction - ato - operating room assistance (method of exploration of position and ocular movements, amblyopia, visual perception, visuointegrative and oculo-vestibular functions)
- Psychology of the personality - psychology of the health
- General pedagogy, psychopedagogy and orthopedagogy
- Low vision optics
- Low vision - exploration and treatment methods
- Pediatric ophthalmology
- Exploration in ophthalmology
- Group dynamics and interdisciplinary work
- Orthoptic report
- Orthoptic internship - strabology - refraction - ato - operating room assistance (method of exploration of position and ocular movements, amblyopia, visual perception, visuo-integrative and oculovestiblary functions) treatment methods
- Clinical case workshops (report practice)
- Biostatic Research Methodology
- Vestibulo-ocular pathology: methods of exploration and management
- Vestibulo-ocular rehabilitation
- Communication - group dynamics - interdisciplinary work
- Orthoptic internship - strabology - refraction - ato - low vission operating theater support (method of exploration of position and ocular movements, amblyopia, visual perception, visuo-integrative and oculo-vestibular functions) - treatment methods
- Clinical case workshops
- Patient's right
- Ethics and professional risk
- Orthoptist reeducator of free practice.
- Orthoptist employed or working on a shift in a department or specialized clinic.
Conditions of admission
- In the first year of a Bachelor's degree, students with a bachelor's degree or a diploma recognized as equivalent are admitted.
- Are admitted in the second or third year of the license, the students having respectively succeeded one or two years of higher studies in the same specialty or in related specialties.
- Admission in the 3rd year is also done on file with the holders of a diploma of higher technician (DEST, DUT) or a diploma sanctioning studies undergraduate (DEUPC) in the specialty or in related specialties.
- In addition to the conditions facilitating learning, such as reduced numbers, an exceptional rate of supervision ranging, depending on the specialty, from 2 to 3 students per teacher, the qualification and retention of teaching teams, practical sessions at the Honoris Simulation Center, courses of choice through a range of partnership, insurance covering all university vacations and giving students the opportunity and right to additional internships, each of the specialties offers benefits that are specific to him.
About the School
L’UPSAT, faculté privée des sciences de la santé, a été fondée en 2001. Elle est pionnière dans l’enseignement universitaire paramédical en Tunisie. UPSAT est la première institution d’enseignement su ... Read More