Start your journey into the health sciences by discovering the fundamentals of human anatomy.
Why join the course?
This course is about learning human anatomy. Since we are each confined to a human body of our own, this course couldn’t be more widespread in its appeal. Understanding human anatomy is essential if one is to understand how the body works and is foundational to countless professions.
Many students in tertiary education find anatomy difficult because of the need to learn a very large number of new words and terms while simultaneously understanding their meaning. This course will help spread the load for students wishing to learn anatomy at an early tertiary level.
This course is part of our Study with Australia collection, with free upgrades and digital certificates supported by the Australian Trade and Investment Commission until 31st July 2020. Explore more courses from leading Australian education providers.
What topics will you cover?
- Anatomical terminology – Regions, planes, directional terms and movements.
- Structures and landmarks of the upper limb bones.
- Attachments and actions of the upper limb skeletal muscles.
Who is this accredited by?
The CPD Certification Service: This course has been certified by the CPD Certification Service as conforming to continuing professional development principles.
When would you like to start?
Most FutureLearn courses run multiple times. Every run of a course has a set start date but you can join it and work through it after it starts.
- Available now
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to:
- Explore fundamental anatomical terminology and the anatomical position.
- Describe the positions and movements of anatomical structures using anatomical terminology.
- Identify and classify major anatomical structures of the upper limb.
- Describe the relationship between structures of the upper limb and joint motion.
Who is the course for?
This course is for anyone wishing to learn the fundamentals of human anatomy and would be especially useful if you are considering further study in the health sciences.
Who developed the course?
Charles Sturt University
Charles Sturt University is Australia’s most experienced online university and has the country’s highest graduate employment rate. From agriculture, arts, healthcare and IT, to business, law, social work and teaching – you’ll get the latest skills in your field, and learn from academics who are connected to the industry. Add in 24/7 IT support, scholarships and a vibrant student community, and you can take your next, or first, career step with confidence.
The Charles Sturt University is offering everyone who joins this course a free digital upgrade so that you can experience the full benefits of studying online for free. This means that you get:
- Unlimited access to this course
- Includes any articles, videos, peer reviews and quizzes
- A PDF certificate of Achievement to prove your success when you’re eligible
About the School
Learn 100% online with world-class universities and industry experts. Develop your career, learn a new skill, or pursue your hobbies with flexible online courses.