The International Master of Science in Biomedicine is a tri-national diploma with the University of Luxembourg, the University of Strasbourg, and the Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz. The joint international study program provides students with a strong multidisciplinary education in the fields of cardiovascular and metabolic diseases, neurosciences, and immunology. They have the opportunity to experience multidisciplinary research training as well as a multicultural approach of the scientific communities across the borders.
The first semester of the degree program takes place at the University of Luxembourg, the second at the University of Strasbourg, and the third at the Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz. During the fourth semester, students participate in an internship in the field of biomedical research either in a science laboratory at a university or with an external partner. It is during this time that students write their Master’s thesis.
- Tri-national diploma with the University of Strasbourg and the Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz
- The multidisciplinary and multicultural approach
- Small class sizes & individual mentoring
- Students use state-of-the-art experimental and computational facilities
- Strong links with the Department of Life Sciences and Medicine (DLSM) and Luxembourg Centre for Systems Biomedicine (LCSB) at the University of Luxembourg
Study and career opportunities
- Managers, teachers or researchers in the pharmaceutical industry, health agencies, universities, and hospitals at the international level
- Employment opportunities in the biotech and pharmaceutical industries
- Researcher in biological, biomedical, or pharmaceutical laboratories
- Doctoral Programme in Systems and Molecular Biomedicine at the University of Luxembourg
- Future graduates will have an excellent concept of Biomedicine strengthened by adapted training in fundamental sciences, integrative knowledge in cardiovascular and metabolic diseases, neurosciences, and immunology.
- Promoting scientific culture exchanges between the students originating from different educational programs in order to be as close as possible to the future professional environment of the graduates at the national and international levels.
- Bachelor degree in biosciences, bioinformatics, or related field
- Language: level B2 in English
Program at a glance
- Duration: 2 year full-time programme / 4 semesters (120 ECTS)
- Registration fees: 200 € first semester at uni.lu
- Language: English
- Campus: Luxembourg (1st semester), Strasbourg (2nd semester), Mainz (3rd semester)
- Available places: 16
- Application: via University of Strasbourg
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
About the School
Founded in 2003, the University of Luxembourg is the only public university of the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg. Multilingual, international and research-oriented, it is also a modern institution with a ... Read More