The Higher Certificate in Health Care Services Management ( HCHCSM) is a 1-year programme intended for healthcare practitioners and related professionals such as medical practitioners, nurses, physiotherapists and optometrists, as well as non–medical persons interested in pursuing management careers in health care services in the private and public sector. The programme serves a dual purpose: school leavers will be empowered with initial management training and professionals in healthcare, who occupy managerial positions but have no formal management training will acquire managerial training and competencies.
Persons completing this qualification will:
- Gain an in-depth understanding of the healthcare services environment.
- Use economic principles to understand, explain and discuss allocation of resources in the healthcare services environment.
- Be able to analyse health care services phenomena using economic analysis tools.
- Be able to apply management principles (general, financial and human resources) in the healthcare services management environment.
- Be able to manage a health care service practice.
- Be able to understand, monitor, review and implement quality improvement systems in this industry - Understand planning, policy making, monitoring, review and implementation in the healthcare services sector.
- Be able to vertically articulate onto the RBS BCom Degree programme.
Modules to be completed
- Management Principles
- Health Care Services Environment
- Health Economics
- Practice Management
- Service Delivery and Quality Management
- Health Care Services Planning and Policy
About the School
Regent Business School (RBS) was established to satisfy the increasing demand for management education in Southern Africa. RBS is registered as a private higher education