Become a leader in healthcare by developing the skills and knowledge to work in management positions in the health and human services sector. You will build upon the health or human service diploma and degree that you have already obtained to fulfill a leadership role. This Certificate program has been designed for professionals who are interested in a leadership role. The Health and Human Services Management Post-Diploma Certificate combines health and human services sector knowledge with business skills, providing learners with advanced health and human services courses as well as business courses to prepare them for work in management positions in the health and human services field. This integrated approach prepares graduates to engage in tasks related to the provision of human services as well as the effective running of an organization, e.g., through managing human resources, finances, and program evaluation. The Health and Human Services Management Post-Diploma Certificate at Bow Valley College is a unique Post-Diploma Certificate in Canada.
This program is aimed at learners who are working professionals holding a diploma or degree in health or human services, seeking the knowledge, skills, and qualifications to work in positions of management. Graduates are working in various agencies, non-profit organizations, and government units as:
- Assistant Director
- Early Childhood Program Coordinator
- Early Childhood Program Supervisor
- Executive Director
- Program Coordinator
- Program Manager
- Program Manager
- Team Coordinator
- Team Leader
1 year (two semesters) of full-time study, up to 3 years part-time.
- Diploma or degree in health or human services.
- Equivalencies will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
English Language Proficiency Requirement
Applicants who have completed a diploma or degree in a language of instruction that is not English must present evidence of meeting one of the following English proficiency requirements:
- IELTS – Academic: 6.0 with a band score of 5.5.
- TOEFL: 83.
- Academic English 2: Grade B-.
- English Language Proficiency Requirement.
Bow Valley College has a number of transfer agreements in place with other leading Canadian colleges and universities.
- HRES 1101 - Organizational Behaviour (3 credits, 45 hours).
- HRES 2201 - Introduction to Human Resources (3 credits, 45 hours).
- MGMT 1101 - Introduction to Management (3 credits, 45 hours).
- FNSR 2202 - Fundamentals of Financial Management (3 credits, 45 hours).
Students have the option of completing one of the following six electives:
- HRES 2301 - Employment Law (3 credits, 45 hours).
- HRES 2302 - Labour Relations (3 credits, 45 hours).
- HRES 2203 - Compensation and Benefits (3 credits, 45 hours).
- MGMT 1102 - Corporate Social Responsibility (3 credits, 45 hours).
- MGMT 2901 - Introduction to Entrepreneurship (3 credits, 45 hours).
- MKTG 1101 - Introduction to Marketing (3 credits, 45 hours).
About the School
We have reached the top tier of two-year schools in North America by helping students contribute to the full range of their ability, becoming the best that they can be.