HND Health and Social Care Management
Organisations that safeguard the welfare of others need specialist management. This 2 year Higher National Diploma (HND) trains you in the operations that keep UK health and social services running effectively.
You will learn through practical assignments that focus on the real-world challenges you will face in your career. These assessment methods can include coursework, presentations and group projects that prepare you for management in health and social care.
This course is accredited by Edexcel.
This course covers the key operations that shape the health and social care sector. Subjects include managing human resources, managing finances and facilitating change – all within a health and social care context. You will also undertake your own research project.
After completing this course, you can seek a career within the business and administration areas so vital to health and social care. These areas could include human resources, healthcare analysts and healthcare planners – or more managerial jobs within the Health and Social Care settings in the private, public and voluntary sectors.
Study in a city with more opportunities
London has a wide range of health and social care institutions for you to join after you graduate. These include public, private and specialist institutions. Patients also vary, ranging from young people to the aged and the handicapped. London boasts outstanding facilities and opportunities for driven industry professionals.
The programme consists of 16 modules and ends with a research project, which you can tailor to suit your specific interests and career goals..
- Communicating in Health and Social Care Organisations
- Principles of Health and Social Care Practice
- Health and Safety in the Health and Social Care Workplace
- Personal and Professional Development in Health and Social Care
- Working in Partnership in Health and Social Care
- Physiological Principles for Health and Social Care
- Managing Human Resources in Health and Social Care
- Managing Financial Resources in Health and Social Care
- Understanding Specific Needs in Health and Social Care
- Supporting Independent Living
- Supporting Significant Life Events
- The Role of Public Health in Health and Social Care
- Facilitating Change in Health and Social Care
- Managing Quality in Health and Social Care
- Health Promotion
- Research Project
- At least 18 years of age
- 4 GCSEs (including English and Maths) or 120 UCAS points – or equivalent qualification
- Mature students without the above qualifications will be considered depending on their level of education and work experience.
- English proficiency – for non-English speaking countries as defined by the UKBA
- IELTS 5.0 or equivalent