- Tuition fee $19,950
- Intakes February, July, November
- Minimum IELTS 6.0 with no band less than 5.5
- Duration (length of study) 1 year
This graduate diploma enables students to develop the skills and knowledge to coordinate, develop and implement an infection prevention and control programme within a health, disability or aged care setting.
Graduate Certificate in Infection Prevention and Control
- To achieve the award of the Graduate Diploma in Infection Prevention and Control, students must pass a total of 120 compulsory credits.
- To achieve the award of the Graduate Certificate in Infection Prevention and Control, students must pass the following courses: HLTH.7508, HLTH.7509, and HLTH.7510.
Knowledge and skills you will gain
Graduates will be able to:
- demonstrate an understanding of the professional and management issues pertaining to the implementation and coordination of an infection prevention control programme utilising evidence based and best practice research;
- identify the criteria required for the development, coordination and implementation of an effective infection prevention and control surveillance system;
- demonstrate an understanding of the principles of developing and implementing culturally appropriate infection prevention and control practices and procedures, including the implications of the Treaty of Waitangi for health care providers;
- understand the chain of infection and its physiological basis;
- demonstrate an understanding of the principles of epidemiology and epidemiological research;
- analyse best practice strategies for managing and containing infectious diseases in health, disability and aged care facilities; and
- critically analyse the requirements within hospital/long term care environments with relation to disinfection and sterilisation.
Admission and entry requirements for this qualification are in accordance with the academic regulations.
Nurse or other health professional seeking to develop and coordinate an effective infection control programme
This school offers programs in:
Last updated October 26, 2017