General Nursing & Midwifery (GNM)
General Nursing and Midwifery (GNM) is a diploma program offered by UP State Medical Faculty Lucknow, UP. This program prepares the nursing student to perform their work in various fields; as a staff nurse in hospitals, clinics, Community health center and Primary health center in the community. They are also prepared to work as school health nurse and industrial nurse. They can become a graduate nurse after completing the post basic B.Sc Nursing, thereafter M.Sc Nursing and Ph.D. nursing degrees can be obtained. A nurse can become a specialist by undergoing the certificate course to work in specialized areas like; pediatric nursing, neonatal nursing, emergency nursing, critical care nursing, cardiac nursing and much more in a various super specialty hospital.
- Biological Science
- Anatomy & Physiology
Fundamentals of Nursing
- Fundamentals of Nursing
- First Aid
- Personal Hygiene
Community Health Nursing
- Community Health Nursing I
- Environmental Hygiene
- Health Education & Communication skills
- Medical-Surgical Nursing I (Including Pharmacology)
- Medical-Surgical Nursing II (Specialties)
- Mental Health & Psychiatric Nursing
- Computer Education
- Midwifery and Gynecology
- Community Health Nursing II
- Pediatric Nursing
- Educational Methods & Media for teaching in practice of Nursing
- Introduction to Research
- Professional Trends & Adjustment
- Administration and Ward Management
- Health Economics
As per INC Guidelines:
- Sr. Secondary (10+2) with minimum 45% marks.
- Science background at Secondary level.
- Good knowledge of English.
- Minimum age 17 years.
Selection based on screening and personal interview.
Career and Placement
There is demand for nurses all over the world in India it is estimated that there is need of 12 lacks nurses by 2020 and in the united state of America there is an acute shortage of nurses and it is same in the developed world.
The employment opportunities in this profession are available in Government and private hospitals, nursing homes, clinics, crèches, schools, office, factories, orphanages, old age home and also nurse teacher’s in nursing institutions.
All our alumni’s are employed staff nurses. They have been absorbed in VIMHANS, Sharda Hospital, Eye Care Centre, Noida.
Guidelines for Admissions
- Pre-qualification examination criteria for the Under Graduate programs is Class 12th from any of the recognized boards of India. For foreign nationals, the pre-qualification for the Under Graduate programs is a certificate equivalent to Class 12th examination of the country and meeting the equivalence criteria as ‘Association of Indian University’.
- Pre-qualification criteria for the Post Graduate programs is a graduation from any recognized university in India. For foreign nationals, the pre-qualification criteria for the Post Graduate programs is A degree awarded by a University in a particular country and meeting the equivalence criteria of ‘Association of Indian Universities’.
- Applicants who have appeared for their final year graduation examinations in the year 2015 may also apply for admission to Post Graduate program.
- The University reserves its rights to judge the capability of a candidate through GD/PI before final admission.
- TOEFL/IELTS is compulsory for foreign nationals who do not have English as a primary language in teaching and examination.
- To qualify for admission to Sharda University in its Under Graduate program, the applicants must complete 17 years of age on 31st December of the academic year in which they are seeking admission.
About the School
Sharda University is established through UP State Act in 2009 and approved by University Grants Commission of India (UGC). It is situated in Greater Noida, Delhi NCR, 27 km from New Delhi, spread over ... Read More