Europubhealth+ is aimed at students with a strong interest in applied public health. Their academic background may be inhealth/medical sciences (medicine, nursing, pharmacy, veterinary, biology...), social sciences (sociology, economics, psychology, anthropology, geography, political sciences...), law, management or engineering.
- to live abroad: during 2 years, you will live and study in at least 2 European countries and benefit from the support of experienced teams in each Higher Education Institution
- global health and intercultural work through multicultural team work, problem-based learning and a mandatory internship or practicum
- a large network in public health composed of academics and professionals with high expertise in the field as well as international students and alumni.
- analyse and address the determinants of health problems from a population perspective
- propose, plan, implement and evaluate culturally appropriate, evidence-based policies and interventions for the effective improvement of population health in international, national and local contexts.
Combinations of pathways offered within the 2-year course
As a Europubhealth+ student, you choose a pathway in a minimum of two different partner countries of the consortium located in Europe. According to your language skills, you can do your first year in English at the University of Sheffield (UK), at the University College Dublin (Ireland), in Spanish at the University of Granada (Spain) or in French at the University of Liege (Belgium) to acquire core competences in public health.
Your second year of study has to be done in a different country according to your specialisation choice and language skills, that is to say either at Maastricht University in The Netherlands (in English), the Jagellonian University in Poland (in English), at the EHESP School of Public Health in Paris (in English), at the EHESP in Rennes (in French), at the University of Rennes 1 (in French), or at the University of Granada in Spain (in Spanish).
At the end of each academic year, all Europubhealth+ students participate in a joint Integration Module at EHESP in Rennes, France (in English) for three weeks.
Graduates from Europubhealth+ receive a double (two) master's degree composed of:
A master's degree from their Year 1 institution:
- University of Granada "Master Europeo en Salud Publica" or
- University of Sheffield "Master of Public Health" or
- University College Dublin - National University of Ireland "Master of Public Health" or
- University of Liege "Master en Sciences de la Santé Publique"
A master's degree from their Year 2 institution:
- JU Krakow "Magister in the field of Public Health" or
- EHESP "Master International de Santé Publique" or "Master mention Santé Publique - spécialité Promotion de la Santé et Prévention" or
- EASP - University of Granada "Master Europeo en Salud Publica" or
- Rennes 1/EHESP "Master de Droit, Economie, Gestion - mention Droit de la Santé" or
- Maastricht University "Master of Science Leadership in European Public Health".
Both official national degrees are completed by a Europubhealth+ certificate of achievement and a joint diploma supplement, detailing the chosen pathway, marks and grading scales.
Professional opportunities vary according to the specialization undertaken and cover management of social and healthcare institutions, implementation and assessment of public health policies, management of health programmes, risk management and assessment, inspection and evaluation, audit and consulting, education and research. Europubhealth+ graduates are capable of working towards managing sustainable and equitable health systems.
- having at least a university Bachelor degree (180 ECTS) or certified equivalent (a copy of your last degree is required when applying online or at the latest before the beginning of the course if you are currently finishing your Bachelor studies)
- being proficient in the languages suitable for the mobility combinations chosen: English; English+Spanish; English+French; Spanish+English+French (mandatory copies of language proficiency tests meeting the minimum admission requirements must be provided when applying online)
- submitting a complete online application, together with all mandatory documents required (diplomas, certificates, language certificates, letters of recommendation, etc.) before the indicated deadline.
N.B.: Applicants applying for an Erasmus+:Erasmus Mundus scholarship must meet additional eligibility criteria
Participation costs for the EUROPUBHEALTH+ programme for 2019 intake are as follow:
- 16.000 € for the two years of study for Non-European students
- 11.000 € for the two years of study for European students*.
* European Students are citizens of the 28 member states of the European Union and Macedonia, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, Turkey and Serbia. Please note that the status of citizens from the United Kingdom for 2020 intake will depend on the outcomes of the "Brexit" negociations with the European Union.
The participation fee includes:
- Enrolment in all the teaching units and modules and access to related educational resources
- Access to library, document centers and related services
- Examination, diploma and certificate
- Social events during integration modules in Rennes
The participation fee does not include accommodation, food, international travel, travel on site or visa costs.
Students are responsible for purchasing their own health insurance in order to be in compliance with the regulations of social welfare of the country which welcomes them.
The purchase of a third party liability insurance is also highly recommended.
Erasmus+:Erasmus Mundus scholarship holders benefit from a worldwide insurance coverage for the 2-year course in compliance with the European Agency's minimum requirements.
Online applications for September 2020 intake will open soon. Details about the new study pathways on offer, admission criteria and application process are currently being updated and will be fully available soon.
About the School
Eight renowned European universities, all recognized as centres of excellence in public health higher education, are collaborating to deliver Europubhealth+.