The Ph.D. in Leadership – Health & Human Performance is an interdisciplinary degree program designed to prepare students to pursue academic, clinical, leadership, and/or research roles in the fields of health promotion, exercise science, kinesiology, human performance, and other related disciplines. The program has a strong research orientation and aims to develop outstanding scholars and researchers who create and disseminate new knowledge about issues arising out of the intersection of physical activity, health promotion, and human performance.
The 66 or 67 credit hour program, which varies based on research course selection, includes coursework in leadership, health, exercise science, research, statistics and a 9 credit hour dissertation requirement.
Your tuition is guaranteed to not increase while you study
SMALL CLASS SIZES
Get to know your peers & professor with only 18 students per class
CLASSES START EVERY 8 WEEKS
You can get started as soon as you would like. You don’t have to wait
- 100% online
- Asynchronous (you don’t have to log-on at a certain time)
- 3-year tract or 4-year tract available
- 3-year is 2 classes per term allowing you to finish your coursework in 2-years with a year for your dissertation
- 4-year is 1 class per term allowing you to finish your coursework in 3-years with a year for your dissertation
The faculty at Concordia University can be found hard at work in the fields they teach-specialties in kinesiology and sports studies. At Concordia, we realize that a top-flight education in only possible with best-in-class instructors with real-world experience. We recruit passionate professionals from around the globe who are committed to helping you achieve your academic and professional goals.
Our faculty is experienced and distinguished, combining years of hands-on clinical experience with extensive academic knowledge and teaching experience. Many of our faculty have the highest credential available in the field in which they teach. They demonstrate the highest degree of professional skills and find unique ways to convey that knowledge in our remote online curriculum.
A variety of career paths are attainable with a Ph.D. in Health & Human Performance.
A doctoral degree in health and human performance from Concordia University Chicago can open many doors in numerous fields.
Our health and human performance degree programs are 100% online, allowing students to achieve real-life success in their chosen profession while advancing their careers.
Graduates in our graduate degree program in health and human performance go on to serve in a variety of capacities in fitness, wellness, sports management, and leadership careers. Our students emerge from our programs with:
- Increased earning potential
- Job security
- Job opportunities
- Increased job satisfaction
Talk with your student advisor for additional information on which degree program is right for you. Many of our students pursue careers in exercise science fields such as these areas:
- University Professor
- Research Scientist
- Exercise Science Educator
- Physical Health Policy Advocate
- Exercise Physiology Research Scientist
- Biomechanics Specialist
- Master’s Degree in Health Science, Exercise Science, or related field with a minimum of 3.0 GPA on 4.0 scale.
- Graduate Record Exam (GRE) or Millers Analogy Test (MAT), there is no minimum score requirement; however, the score is evaluated by the program coordinator during the application process. GRE or MAT must be taken within the past three years.
- Submit two letters of recommendation from former/current professors or employers.
- Letter of application, including state of career goals and research interests.
- Writing sample.
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae.
- Transcripts from each institution attended.
About the School
Founded as a teachers’ education college in 1864, Concordia University Chicago today is a comprehensive liberal arts and graduate university in River Forest under the leadership of Rev. Dr. Daniel Lee ... Read More