Expand your horizons
The Double Degree in Pharmacy and Biotechnology of the Universidad Europea is taught in six years and aims to combine the training of the pharmacist, with the most innovative knowledge in technologies applied to the biological sciences, an area with a great future projection in the pharmaceutical industry .
The evolutions in the new treatments of immunological origin represent a challenge for the pharmaceutical industry, currently called biopharmaceutical. That makes the industry demand medicine experts capable of addressing the new challenges of the sector from a global perspective of research, development, production, control and marketing of therapeutic products.
The double degree in Pharmacy and Biotechnology combines the best of the two degrees.
Works in a real environment with laboratories specialized in biomedicine, biology, genetics, microbiology, chemistry or pharmaceutical technology; laboratory for the development of biotechnological projects; facilities of the CSIC and the Carlos III Health Institute for Immunology practices or the Paraplegics Hospital of Toledo for the development of more complex titling practices that require the use of large equipment.
In our Community Pharmacy, Hospital Pharmacy and Clinical Pharmaceutical Consultations located in the Simulated Hospital, unique in Spain, you will be able to face real clinical cases from day one with which to learn in a practical, safe and advanced way.
Not only in technology and teaching methodology; also in new subjects such as pharmacogenetics.
Connect to professional life at the hands of our teachers. Experienced active professionals who develop their work in the areas of the most important hospitals and companies in the country.
KNOW THE HELPS TO THE PREVENTION AND RESEARCH OF THE HEALTH WITH WHICH YOU CAN REDUCE THE AMOUNT OF THE TEACHING UP TO 15%.
Practical, useful, real training:
Study the Double Degree in Pharmacy Biotechnology at the Universidad Europea is to learn your profession with an innovative training model with proven international effectiveness, on the one hand based on the integration of curricular content, interprofessional education, simulated scenarios and quality clinical learning so that you have the best training as a pharmacist and to which you can use the methodology Project Based School, which consists of a totally innovative learning system where you will enjoy learning and working on real biotechnological research projects, obtaining an eminently practical and multidisciplinary training.
All this, with an individualized academic follow-up, as well as the support of a personal mentor who will accompany you in your academic and professional career.
So that you can get the most out of our innovative academic model, the Faculty of Biomedical Sciences and Health offers you the most advanced Laboratories - simulation rooms, equipped with the most innovative technology:
- Specialized laboratories equipped with the most advanced equipment and computer equipment in which you will apply all the knowledge experimentally: biomedicine, biology, genetics, microbiology, chemistry, pharmaceutical technology, etc.
- Own laboratory of the degree to be able to develop practices of pharmaceutical technology
- Facilities of the CSIC and the Carlos III Health Institute for Virology and Immunology practices. Collaboration with the research center of the Paraplegics Hospital of Toledo for the development of more complex titling practices that require the use of large equipment
- Research laboratories, guided by first level researchers and in which scholarship students collaborate.
- Laboratory for the development of biotechnological projects
- Work rooms, bioinformatics classrooms, Hub Emprende, etc.
- Simulation rooms: Simulated Community Pharmacy and the Simulated Hospital where our Hospital Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Care Consultations are located. In this way you will adapt to the treatment of the public, patients and other health professionals, and you will be able to become a professional who can respond to the current healthcare needs of the population.
Prepare to be a global professional, completing your training experience with an international stay.
In the Faculty of Biomedical Sciences of the Universidad Europea of Madrid we bet on a decidedly international program for the Double Degree in Pharmacy and Biotechnology in which you will do at least one subject taught entirely in English. In addition, you will carry out activities in this same language throughout all your studies with us.
Make international stays in prestigious universities, where you can take courses, internships in research laboratories, practical companies in the pharmaceutical sector, and professional practices in pharmacy in Schengen countries (European Union: United Kingdom and France). The universities with which we maintain an agreement are:
- UNITED KINGDOM: UNIVERSITY OF PORTSMOUTH
- UNITED KINGDOM: UNIVERSITY OF GREENWICH
- UNITED KINGDOM: UCL, LONDON CROATIA: UNIVERSITY OF RIJEKA
- GERMANY: UNIVERSITY OF WURZBURG
- MÉJICO: UNIVERSIDAD VALLE DE MÉJICO
- BRAZIL: UNIVERSIDADE POTIGUAR
- CHILE: UNIVERSIDAD ANDRÉS BELLO
In addition, you will attend the organization of events on your university campus: lectures and Master classes given by the most outstanding professionals of the sector and prestigious international speakers, and many other activities.
The main institutions where you practice
In addition to the theoretical training and the simulation practices that you will have in the Degree in Pharmacy, you will close your training with a practical learning of the highest quality. To do this, you carry out your internships in pharmacies that have implemented the guide of good practices of the Official College of Pharmacists of Madrid (COFM) and / or hospitals (Quirónsalud Group). You can also do curricular internships in scientific research centers or pharmaceutical companies.
Where I can work?
At the end of your Double Degree in Pharmacy and Biotechnology at the Universidad Europea of Madrid you will be a highly qualified professional for the exercise of your profession in the fields of Community and Hospital Pharmacy with a complete vision of Pharmaceutical Management and Care and Interprofessional Education . You will also be prepared to work in other areas of the profession such as research, development, production, marketing, management and quality control of new medicines, medical devices and biotechnological products.
You will have reinforced your ability to analyze, communicate and work as a team, developing business management skills with a high level of English, which will allow an international projection.
Companies and sectors where you can develop your profession:
- Research centers
- Pharmaceutical companies
- Food industry
- Chemical and environmental industry
- Cosmetics companies and other health products
- Pharmacy office
- Hospital Centers and other Health Services
- Health Administration
- Consultants and teaching centers
Pharmacy a regulated profession
The fundamental objective of the Pharmaceutical Degree at the Universidad Europea of Madrid, is to train professionals with a profile adapted to the regulated competencies of the profession through Order CIN / 2137/2008, of July 3, which establishes the requirements for the verification of the official university degrees that qualify for the exercise of the profession of Pharmacist.
About the School
To provide our students with a comprehensive education, educating leaders and professionals who are prepared to respond to the needs of a global world, to contribute value in their professions and to ... Read More