The mission of CSU-COP is the development of student and faculty scholars who will impact the health care needs of people in the region, state, and nation. The college provides a strong foundation in the knowledge, integration, and application of the biomedical, pharmaceutical, social/behavioral/administrative, and clinical sciences to transform students into practitioners who are committed to humanistic service, capable of providing patient-centered care, and innovative leaders in advancing the pharmacy profession. The College embraces the mission of the University to educate individuals from diverse backgrounds to enhance culturally competent care and reduce health care disparities.
- Rated 1st in the midwest for Doctorate of Pharmacy minority enrollments;
- Rated 8th for underrepresented minority enrollments in Doctorate of Pharmacy programs (American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy. Fall 2019 Underrepresented Minority Enrollments in Doctor of Pharmacy as the First Professional Degree Programs by School);
- Large focus on diversity and inclusion;
- New curriculum roll out in 2020 to align with NAPLEX (licensing exam) competencies;
- Small class sizes;
- A large presence in mitigating healthcare disparities within the local, state, and national community;
- Interprofessional experiences and clinical experiences at area hospitals rated some of the best in the nation;
- International mission trips.
Choosing a pharmacy school is a challenging experience. For me, I took several factors into consideration when making my decision including cost, location, and program options. Ultimately, I chose to attend CSU-COP as my interview here left a lasting impression on me that no other school had provided. Here at CSU, I felt much more welcomed; as the community at CSU-COP was personable and genuinely eager to have me there.
As a current student, I have learned and grown in ways that I did not foresee prior to starting this didactic journey. CSU-COP has offered me a highly concentrated, personalized curriculum with a strong, friendly competitive cohort that pushes me to be great every day. Being a student at CSU-COP has given me the opportunity to expand my knowledge as it relates to pharmacy, and I have acquired a new level of confidence in myself, as well as a set of clinical skills that supports me in being a successful student pharmacist, and hopefully an even better pharmacist one day soon.
Alexandra Gurrola, Current P3 student.
About the School
The College of Pharmacy's mission is the development of student & faculty scholars who will impact the health care needs of people in the region, state, and nation.