Doctorate in General Medicine
(Option: Surgery and Childbirth)
The main aim of training specialists is to provide public and private hospitals with human resources capable of managing the specialized health problems of the population.
An additional aim is to train the resources from which people will be recruited for additional Ph.D. training in order to make them teachers (or academics).
Departments associated with universities.
The Department of Surgery, Gynecology-Obstetrics, Internal Medicine & Imaging, and Pediatrics of the organizing universities are academically responsible for training.
Any specialist candidate must therefore carry out part or all of his internship in these departments.
Services of extra-university hospitals
Internship services may also be provided in part to hospitals other than those directly associated with universities under the supervision of a specialist recognized by the program as a master / supervisor. The specialist physician wishing to serve as a supervisor / supervisor must submit an application for accreditation to the program and must undertake to organize academic activities such as journal-clubs to promote the theoretical training of the specialist candidates working under his supervision . He can not claim from the program a remuneration for the performance of this function.
Even if he performs a greater part of the internship in a service not directly associated with one of the organizing universities, the specialist candidate must maintain a link with one of the departments directly associated with the universities, notably by participating in certain academic activities (seminars, courses) organized by its home department.
Management and duration of clinical placements
Most of the specialization time is spent on clinical placements, normally performed on a full-time basis. They understand.
- 50 months of rotation in the Department where the specialization takes place, or in an associated hospital and under the supervision of a tutor
- 1 month rotation in an imaging service
- 3 months of rotation in a care unit (emergency room or intensive care)
- 6 months of rotation in a rural hospital
Clinical rotations provide for a 6-month stay in a rural hospital, even if not provided with frames.
Criteria for selecting candidates for the program
The main aim of training specialists is to provide public and private hospitals with human resources capable of managing the specialized health problems of the population. An additional aim is to train the resources from which people will be recruited for additional Ph.D. training in order to make them teachers (or academics).
All specialists, whether academic or not, are invited to supervise specialization courses. Because of this supervisory role, specialists, even non-academics, will be chosen from among the best graduates of medical schools.
- To be admitted to the training of specialist, it will be necessary to be one of the persons with the best academic course. It will be required to have obtained degrees during or at the end of the academic course, and failing that, to have completed the last year of the studies of Medicine with at least 65%.
Origin of candidates
- The priority for training is given to candidates from the two universities organizing this program.
- But applicants from other institutions (universities, care networks) or others from the country or from abroad are eligible, provided they meet the eligibility criteria set out above, are paid academic fees and that their services in the hospitals associated with the organizing universities do not entail an unbearable financial burden for these hospitals.
Program taught in: