The Doctor of Psychology (Psy.D.) in Clinical Psychology degree program at Sofia University provides formal training in the science and practice of clinical psychology. In addition to a broad and rigorous preparation in clinical psychology, the program provides training in theory and treatment inspired by positive psychology and both secular and spiritual concepts and interventions. Mindfulness as a source of both clinician self-care and treatment interventions is a core component of the curriculum. After degree completion, you will be prepared for a career as a licensed clinical psychologist, which may include supervisory and program development positions in healthcare settings, substance abuse, and mental health treatment settings, corrections agencies, private practice, teaching, and/or research. The Doctor of Psychology in Clinical Psychology program includes the following: ( Note that items 1, 3,4 and 6 display our integration of traditional clinical psychology training with spiritual and positive psychology).
- An accomplished faculty actively involved in clinical research and practice, with an emphasis on spiritual and positive psychology applications
- A cohort-based community of learners
- Broad and general training in clinical psychology with a unique emphasis on mindfulness and positive psychology
- Training in emotional regulation to improve clinical performance that includes meditation
- Two years of clinical practicum and one year (1,500 hours) of supervised internship experience
- Research and dissertation focused on a clinical psychology topic relevant to the student’s interests and related to the domains of mindfulness, spirituality or positive psychology
A Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited University. Students without a background in Psychology or related field may be required to take some prerequisite psychology classes.
Program taught in: