- Licensure: MUA students are eligible to practice medicine in Canada (Only Canadians), Puerto Rico, and all 50 U.S. states.
- USMLE Pass Rate: In 2015–19 MUA students averaged a 95% first-time pass rate on the USMLE Step 1 exam.
- Excellent Residency Placement: MUA graduates routinely achieve top residency placements in the U.S. and Canada.
- Established hospital affiliates/relationships for Semester 6-10 studies.
- Students: MUA students consistently achieve superior results on the critical USMLE licensing exams, and a significant proportion of our graduates obtain leadership positions in their residency programs.
- Learning Environment: Smaller class size, focused Professor to student ratio, hands-on mentorship. This is in contrast to many other much larger institutions with big classes.
- Comprehensive Curriculum: The Program includes 5 semesters studying the Basic Sciences curriculum on the Saba University campus and five semesters of clinical rotations back in the U.S. or Canada at U.S. or Canadian teaching hospitals.
- Accreditation: Accredited by the Accreditation Commission on Colleges of Medicine (ACCM).
- Affordable tuition: Our tuition is 30-40% lower than other comparable medical schools.
- Approved for US federal loans: MUA is one of the select international medical schools to participate in US Federal Student Loan programs.
- Beautiful location that’s warm all year round, opportunities for snorkeling, swimming, and much more.
- Student organizations for an enhanced student experience.
- Housing-support both on and off-campus.
- Student services and support.
- Campus: Modern, state-of-the-art campus facilities include wireless technology available throughout the bright, airconditioned classrooms, labs, library, and student lounges.
- General biology or zoology
- Inorganic chemistry (with lab)
- Organic chemistry (with lab)
- MUA encourages students to complete courses in the arts, social sciences, philosophy, literature, and humanities.
*Taking the Medical College Admission Test (MCAT) is required for all applicants who are U.S. citizens, nationals, or permanent residents.
*English Proficiency - Since English is the language of instruction at the Medical University of the Americas, it is important that applicants be prepared academically to pursue the curriculum and also be able to communicate well.
- 4 years
- Semesters 1-5 on campus (2 years)
- Semesters 6-10 Clinicals (2 years)
About the School
Medical University of the Americas was founded over 20 years ago on a philosophy of education that believes students are best-taught medicine in small classes, with one-on-one instruction, and with a ... Read More