- USMLE Pass Rate: From 2015-2019, a 95% first-time pass rate on Step 1.
- Affordable tuition: Our tuition is 30-40% lower than other comparable medical schools.
- Licensure: St. Matthew's University students are eligible to practice medicine in Canada (Only Canadians), Puerto Rico, and all 50 U.S. states.
- Beautiful location that’s warm all year round, opportunities for snorkeling, diving, and much more.
- Grand Cayman is a very modern Island and has a highly developed infrastructure with easy travel from Miami, Chicago Toronto, and many more locations.
- Faculty: Highly credentialed, experienced faculty, with each holding an MD and/or Ph.D.
- Clinical rotations: Premier clinical training sites at top teaching hospitals in the US, Canada and the United Kingdom.
- Personalized education: Limited class sizes and a very low student to faculty ratio encourages close student-faculty interaction.
- Campus: Modern, state-of-the-art Cayman campus facilities include wireless technology available throughout the bright, airconditioned classrooms, labs, library, and student lounges
- Student mentors: Student mentors to help you adjust to life in school.
- Accredited: St. Matthew’s University School of Medicine’s M.D. program is accredited by the Accreditation Commission on Colleges of Medicine (ACCM), the accrediting body for the Cayman Islands.
- Approved for US federal loans: SMU is one of the select international medical schools to participate in US Federal Student Loan programs.
- Student organizations for an enhanced student experience.
- Housing-support both on and off-campus.
- Student services, support, and mentorship
- Established hospital affiliates/relationships for Semester 6-10 studies.
Considerations: Overall and science GPA’s; MCAT scores (required of citizens and permanent residents of US); references; personal statement; demonstrated service to the community.
- Inorganic (General) Chemistry (with lab) - 1 Academic Years
- Organic Chemistry (with lab)* - 1 Academic Years
- Biology (with lab) - 1 Academic Years
- Language Arts (English)** - ½ Academic Years
- College Math or Computer Science - ½ Academic Years
*May substitute a semester of Biochemistry.
**May substitute any course with a writing component.
*Taking the Medical College Admission Test (MCAT) is required for all applicants who are U.S. citizens, nationals, or permanent residents.
*English Proficiency - Since English is the language of instruction at St. Matthew's, it is important that applicants be prepared academically to pursue the curriculum and also be able to communicate well.
- 4 years
- Semesters 1-5 on campus (2 years)
- Semesters 6-10 Clinicals (2 years)
About the School
Providing quality, affordable medical and veterinary education focused on the success of our students is the foundation of St. Matthew's University. Our faculty and staff are as committed to your drea ... Read More