- Licensure: Saba University students are eligible to practice medicine in Canada (Only Canadians), Puerto Rico, and all 50 U.S. states.
- USMLE Pass Rate: In 2015–19 Saba University students averaged a 99% first-time pass rate on the USMLE Step 1. 100% in 2018.
- Excellent Residency Placement: Saba graduates routinely achieve superior results in U.S. and Canadian residency placement.
- Established hospital affiliates/relationships for Semester 6-10 studies
- Students: Saba students consistently achieve superior results on the critical USMLE licensing exams, and a significant proportion of our graduates obtain leadership positions in their residency programs.
- Learning Environment: Smaller class size, focused Professor to student ratio, hands-on mentorship. This is in contrast to many other much larger institutions.
- Comprehensive Curriculum: The Program includes 5 semesters studying the Basic Sciences curriculum on the Saba University campus and five semesters of clinical rotations back in the U.S. or Canada at U.S. or Canadian teaching hospitals.
- Accreditation: Accredited by the Accreditation Organization of The Netherlands and Flanders (NVAO).
- Affordable tuition: Our tuition is 30-40% lower than other comparable medical schools.
- Approved for US federal loans: Saba is one of the select international medical schools to participate in US Federal Student Loan programs.
- Beautiful location that’s warm all year round, opportunities for hiking, diving, and much more.
- Student organizations for an enhanced student experience.
- Housing-support both on and off-campus.
- Student services and support from physiatry to enrolment and welcome weeks.
- Campus: Modern, state-of-the-art campus facilities include wireless technology available throughout the bright, airconditioned classrooms, labs, library, and student lounges.
- General Biology or zoology - Academic Years 1
- Inorganic chemistry (with lab) - Academic Years 1
- Organic chemistry/Biochemistry (with lab) - Academic Years 1
- Physics (recommended) - Academic Years 1
- English - Academic Years 1
- Other social sciences or physical sciences and computer skills
*Taking the Medical College Admission Test (MCAT) is required for all applicants who are U.S. citizens, nationals, or permanent residents.
*English Proficiency - Since English is the language of instruction at Saba, it is important that applicants be prepared academically to pursue the curriculum and also be able to communicate well.
- 4 years
- Semesters 1-5 on campus (2 years)
- Semesters 6-10 Clinicals (2 years)
About the School
Saba University School of Medicine is one of the world’s leading international medical schools, with nearly a 30-year history of educating outstanding physicians. Saba students earn top residencies at ... Read More