MAHSA University's Diploma in Dental Technology is a niche program designed for students who have completed SPM or its equivalent, and are interested in a future as dental technologists working in dental laboratories or clinics.
Dental Technologists construct/produce prostheses for the treatment of damaged or maligned teeth, replacement of missing teeth and protection of teeth.
During the course of the program, students will learn the complex skills in designing, constructing, and repairing dental prostheses and appliances such as bridges, crowns, dentures, orthodontic appliances, mouthguards and other dental fixtures.
Students will also be taught first-aid, infection control procedures, safety, and health standards store management and entrepreneurial skills.
At the end of the program, students graduating as Dental Technologists from MAHSA will be up-to-date in professional knowledge, competent in their skills, ethical and possess good moral values.
- Student Development JSD 2114
- Basic Medical Science JBMS 2125
- Dental Prostheses & Appliances JDPA 2133
- Dental Laboratory Techniques I JDLT 21321
- Dental Prostheses & Appliances II JDPA 2334
- Dental Laboratory Techniques II JDLT 23333
- Oral Health Services JOHS 2521
- Ethics & Jurisprudence JEJ 2521
- Dental Prostheses & Appliances III JDPA 2533
- Dental Laboratory Techniques III JDLT 25321
- SPM/O Level/Other equivalent qualifications approved by MQA: Pass with 5 credits in Bahasa Melayu & Mathematics & Science & 2 other subjects;
- Other equivalent qualifications recognized by the Malaysian Government for international students
Employment opportunities as Dental Technologists can be found in both Public and Private sectors that include:
- Government Health Services
- Private Dental Laboratories
- Dental Faculties in both Public and Private Universities
Quality: The Diploma in Dental Technology is designed in consultation with Dental Council Malaysia and a panel of local and international experts, resulting in a highly sought after curriculum that combines theoretical learning and practical sessions in dental laboratories.
Practical Exposure: Students with the Diploma in Dental Technology gain experience in the fully equipped dental laboratories in MAHSA University.
- Individual Prosthetic stations
- Chair-side clinical training provided on campus
- Integrated training with other dental professionals
Affordable: Tuition fees for the Diploma in Dental Technology are kept at an affordable level, to ensure there are little barriers to a good quality education.
Recognition: The Diploma in Dental Technology is approved and accredited by the Malaysian Qualifications Agency and Ministry of Higher Education Malaysia.
Awarded by MAHSA University: The Diploma in Dental Technology is awarded by MAHSA University, a leader in Medical and Health Science Education in Malaysia.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated November 26, 2017