We train highly qualified professionals in the context of physical activity and sports and the sectors that comprise it: health, sports performance, teaching, management and free time.
If you are interested in learning to
- Program and plan the improvement of fitness and sports performance.
- Develop and schedule teaching in the context of Physical Education in the regulated education system.
- Design and execute programs and activities, through physical activity and sports, aimed at maintaining and improving health aimed at different population groups.
- Develop and execute tasks of direction and management of physical activity and sport in the commercial and labor field.
- Direct, program and supervise physical-sports activities in the field of recreation, leisure and free time.
What we offer you
- University reference center in the degree of Physical Activity and Sports Sciences.
- Cloister of professors of recognized competence in the field of teaching and university research.
- Titration with great practical component.
- Facilities, classrooms and laboratories perfectly suited to the needs of the degree.
- National and international mobility programs (Germany, Argentina, Australia, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Chile, China, Colombia, United States, France, Hungary, Italy, Japan, Lithuania, Mexico, Peru, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Sweden, Taiwan and Vietnam).
Teaching in Physical Education and Sports • Training and physical and sports preparation • Management and organization of sports entities • Recreation through physical activity and sports • Advice and issuance of reports on physical activity and sport • Programming and planning of health-oriented physical exercise.
Learning of basic disciplinary knowledge (knowledge):
1. Know and understand the objects of study of the Sciences of Physical Activity and Sport.
2. Acquire the basic scientific training applied to physical activity and sport in its different manifestations.
3. Know and understand the effects and the physiological and biomechanical factors that condition the practice of physical activity and sport.
4. Know and understand the effects and behavioral and social factors that condition the practice of physical activity and sport.
5. Know and understand the fundamentals, structures and functions of skills, patterns and manifestations of human motor and sport.
Learning applied knowledge (specific know-how)
6. Design, develop and evaluate the teaching-learning processes related to physical activity and sport.
7. Promote and evaluate the formation of habits of practice of physical activity and sport, aimed at maintaining and improving physical condition and health.
8. Apply physiological, biomechanical, behavioral and social principles to the different fields of physical activity and sport.
9. Plan, develop and control the training process at different levels and the realization of physical-sports activity programs.
10. Develop programs for the management of organizations, entities, facilities and sports equipment.
Learning of instrumental skills (common knowledge)
11. Understand the scientific literature in the field of physical activity and sport.
12. Know how to apply information and communication technologies to the field of Physical Activity and Sports Sciences.
13. Develop skills for autonomous learning and adaptation to new situations.
14. Develop habits of excellence and quality in professional practice, acting with respect to the necessary ethical principles.
Access and admission of students
The access to the Official University Teaching of the University of León as well as its admission procedures, are regulated by Royal Decree 1892/2008, in its modifications and by the agreements reached by the Interuniversity Commission of Castilla y León