We train health professionals specialized in preventing, diagnosing and treating foot problems.
If you are interested in learning to
- Exercise a profession focused on foot care as the central axis of health.
- Help take care of the feet as a basis for people's well-being.
- Value the movement of the human body and its dysfunctions.
- Design and implement preventive programs for foot care.
- Start as a researcher in the field of Podiatry.
What we offer you
- Teachers with experience in the profession.
- University clinic of podiatry equipped with the most modern equipment: lightning room, chiropody rooms, gait diagnosis, operating rooms ...
- University center that offers two other Degrees of Health Sciences.
- Agreements with public and private entities to complement practical training.
- National and international mobility programs.
Care and treatment of foot conditions (Chiropodology), Treatment of the foot with corrective devices (Orthopodology), Assessment and treatment of the foot for sports activity (Sports podiatry), Foot care in the elderly (Geriatric podiatry), Foot care in childhood (Child podiatry), Surgical foot surgery (Podiatric surgery), Teaching and podiatric research, Podiatry. • Teachers with experience in the profession. • University clinic of podiatry equipped with the most modern equipment: lightning room, chiropody rooms, gait diagnosis, operating rooms ... • University center that offers two other Degrees of Health Sciences. • Agreements with public and private entities to complement practical training. • National and international mobility programs. FIRST COURSE First semester 6 6 6 ECTS ECTS Biochemistry Psychology 6 Human Anatomy Anatomy of the Lower Extremity Second semester Credits First Course 6 Biostatistics and Scientific Methodology in Health Sciences 60 6 6 6 Public Health Human Physiology Microbiology Cell and Tissue Biology 6 General Podology I 6 This booklet has character
CB1 That students have demonstrated to possess and understand knowledge in an area of study that is based on general secondary education, and is usually found at a level that, although supported by advanced textbooks, also includes some aspects that they imply knowledge coming from the forefront of their field of study
CB2 That students know how to apply their knowledge to their work or vocation in a professional way and possess the skills that are usually demonstrated through the elaboration and defense of arguments and the resolution of problems within their area of study
CB3 That students have the ability to gather and interpret relevant data (usually within their area of study) to make judgments that include a reflection on relevant social, scientific or ethical issues
CB4 That students can transmit information, ideas, problems and solutions to a specialized and non-specialized public
CB5 That students have developed those learning skills necessary to undertake further studies with a high degree of autonomy
Access and admission of students
Access to the Official Bachelor University Teaching of the University of León as well as its admission procedures are regulated by Royal Decree 1892/2008, as amended and by the agreements reached by the Interuniversity Commission of Castilla y León.