Your vocation comes alive.
With the Degree in Pharmacy of the Universidad Europea learn in a practical, experiential and lively way. Because our methodology is based on learning through simulated clinical cases that confront you in real situations.
You will work in the Simulated Pharmacy Office, the Hospital Pharmacy and the Clinical Pharmacy Consultations located in our Simulated Hospital, where you will put into practice all the knowledge, skills and abilities necessary to solve the situations that arise in patient care. In this way you will train in safe environments before approaching any type of case with patients.
A clinical learning of the highest quality that is completed with practices in pharmacies that have implemented the guide of good practices of the Official College of Pharmacists of Madrid (COFM) or / and in hospitals (Quirónsalud Group). In addition, you can do curricular internships in scientific research centers or pharmaceutical companies.
Along with your degree studies in Pharmacy, you will carry out the Expert Course in Pharmacy Office Management and Pharmaceutical Marketing, with which you will learn how to effectively manage the business: marketing plan, patient management, purchases, stocks, sales or linear. .
Not only in technology and teaching methodology; also in new subjects such as pharmacogenetics.
You will be in contact at all times with the professional world in the hands of your professors who are elite specialists in the fields of research, the pharmacy and the pharmaceutical industry.
Work in multidisciplinary teams with other students in the area of health sciences of the University, to learn to interact with other doctors, nurses, psychologists, etc. in the same way you will do in real life.
Know the help for health prevention and research with which you can reduce the amount of teaching by up to 15%.
Practical, useful, real training:
Studying Pharmacy at the Universidad Europea is learning your profession with an innovative training model with proven international effectiveness, based on the integration of curricular contents, interprofessional education, simulated scenarios, quality clinical learning and with objective evaluation platforms and systems.
A formative proposal that focuses on offering our students a high attendance experience and a comprehensive vision of the patient, with a multidisciplinary and totally personalized approach. In the official qualifications, it is essential to detail all the professors of the program.
- With the integration of curricular contents you will have a more complete, real vision and a better assimilation of knowledge. In this way you will acquire a solid scientific background as you will study in an integrated manner the basic subjects, allowing you to relate the knowledge you are learning with what will be clinical practice and successfully face the clinical cases that you have to perform both in simulation scenarios or in the practice before a real patient.
- Works in simulation environments equipped with the most advanced technology. Through the simulation of clinical cases you will face real situations in a simulated environment such as our Simulated Pharmacy Office, Hospital Pharmacy or in Clinical Pharmacy Consultations located in our Simulated Hospital, where you will start up all the knowledge and skills acquired and developed all the professional skills and abilities necessary to solve the situations that arise in patient care. In this way you will train simulated environments very simulated to reality before realizing the practice with real patients giving you all the security of approaching any type of cases.
- Interprofessional education. In addition, many of these cases will work in interprofessional teams with other students in the area of health sciences of the University. You will learn how to relate to other health professionals (doctors, nurses, psychologists, etc.) in the same way you will do in real life and what will allow you to have a wider and more interesting view of the pharmacist. In this way you will learn collaborative leadership, clarification of functions, team functioning, interprofessional communication, interprofessional conflict resolution, among others, placing the patient in the center and getting better care provided.
- Practical quality stays. And of course you will close your training with a practical learning of the highest quality. To do this, you carry out your internships in pharmacies that have implemented the guide of good practices of the Official College of Pharmacists of Madrid (COFM) and / or hospitals (Quirónsalud Group). You can also do curricular internships in scientific research centers or pharmaceutical companies.
- Thanks to the platform for evaluating practical activities, a pioneering system in Spain, put in place by our teaching team, your work and practices are evaluated in an objective way since before you start the tests you know which aspects will be evaluated and which They are going to be the criteria to do it. In addition, our system of evaluation of professional competences called Structured Objective Clinical Evaluation (ECOE), in which scenarios of simulated clinical cases are created, allows teachers to evaluate their competencies in different situations of patient care.
All this, with an individualized academic follow-up, as well as the support of a personal mentor who will accompany you in your academic and professional career.
So that you can get the most out of our innovative academic model, the Faculty of Biomedical Sciences and Health offers you the most advanced Laboratories - simulation rooms, equipped with the most innovative technology:
- Specialized laboratories equipped with the most advanced equipment and computer equipment in which you will apply all the knowledge experimentally: biomedicine, biology, genetics, microbiology, chemistry, pharmaceutical technology, etc.
- Own laboratory of the degree to be able to develop practices of pharmaceutical technology
- Facilities of the CSIC and the Carlos III Health Institute for the practices of Virology and Immunology. Collaboration with the research center of the Paraplegics Hospital of Toledo for the development of more complex titling practices that require the use of large equipment
- Research laboratories, guided by first level researchers and in which scholarship students collaborate.
- Simulation rooms: Simulated Community Pharmacy and the Simulated Hospital where our Hospital Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Care Consultations are located. In this way you will adapt to the treatment of the public, patients and other health professionals, and you will be able to become a professional who can respond to the current healthcare needs of the population.
Along with your undergraduate studies you will conduct the Expert Course in Management of Community Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Marketing, with which you will learn how to effectively manage a Community Pharmacy: marketing plan, patient management, purchases, stocks, sales or linear ...
This expert program has a duration of 12 ECTS that is taught gradually from the first year.
Prepare to be a global professional, completing your training experience with an international stay.
In the Faculty of Biomedical Sciences of the Universidad Europea of Madrid we bet on a decidedly international program for the Degree in Pharmacy in which, from the second year, you will do at least one subject taught entirely in English. In addition, you will carry out activities in this same language throughout all your studies with us.
Make international stays in prestigious universities, where you can take courses, internships in research laboratories, practical companies in the pharmaceutical sector, and professional practices in pharmacy in Schengen countries (European Union: United Kingdom and France).
The universities with which we maintain an agreement are:
- UNITED KINGDOM: UNIVERSITY OF PORTSMOUTH
- UNITED KINGDOM: UNIVERSITY OF GREENWICH
- UNITED KINGDOM: UCL, LONDON
- CROATIA: UNIVERSITY OF RIJEKA
- GERMANY: UNIVERSITY OF WURZBURG
- MÉJICO: UNIVERSIDAD VALLE DE MÉJICO
- BRAZIL: UNIVERSIDADE POTIGUAR
- CHILE: UNIVERSIDAD ANDRÉS BELLO
In addition, you will attend the organization of events on your university campus: lectures and Master classes given by the most outstanding professionals of the sector and prestigious international speakers, and many other activities.
The main health institutions in which you practice
In addition to the theoretical training and the simulation practices, you will close your training with a practical learning of the highest quality. To do this, you carry out your internships in pharmacies that have implemented the guide of good practices of the Official College of Pharmacists of Madrid (COFM) and / or hospitals (Quirónsalud Group). You can also do curricular internships in scientific research centers or pharmaceutical companies.
Where I can work?
At the end of your Degree in Pharmacy at the Universidad Europea of Madrid you will be a highly qualified professional for the exercise of your profession in the fields of Community and Hospital Pharmacy with a complete vision of Pharmaceutical Management and Care and Interprofessional Education. You will also be prepared to work in other areas of the profession such as research, development, production, marketing, management and quality control of new medicines and health products.
Companies and sectors where you can develop your profession:
- Research centers
- Pharmaceutical companies
- Food industry
- Chemical and environmental industry
- Cosmetics companies and other health products
- Pharmacy office
- Hospital Centers and other Health Services
- Health Administration
- Consultants and teaching centers.
A regulated profession
The fundamental objective of the Pharmaceutical Degree at the Universidad Europea of Madrid, is to train professionals with a profile adapted to the regulated competencies of the profession through Order CIN / 2137/2008, of July 3, which establishes the requirements for the verification of the official university degrees that qualify for the exercise of the profession of Pharmacist.