The degree program Medicine aims at educating medical doctors capable of entering residency programs or having the necessary skills to provide emergency aid and health care services under the supervision of a physician specialist.
- 6 years
- MSc in Health Sciences, Doctor
- 360 ECTS credits
- 12,500 EUR per year
- Taught in English
After graduation, you can
- Apply for a license to practice medicine;
- Provide health care services under the supervision of a physician specialist;
- Provide health care services under the supervision of a physician specialist.
Structure of the program
what you will learn each year
- Year 1: Anatomy, Histology, Genetics, Physics, Chemistry, Lithuanian Language.
- Years 2 - 3: Reproduction and Inheritance, Professional Competence, Basics of Neurosciences, Immune Response and Infection, Respiration, and Circulation, Metabolism and Homeostasis, Basics of Preclinical Studies and Locomotion, Lithuanian Language.
- Years 4 - 6: Clinical Modules, Clinical Medical Practice.
Why study Medicine at LSMU?
- Clinical skills developed in the largest clinical hospital in the Baltic States.
- The multicultural environment and student community: international students from 70 different countries make up nearly 17% of the total student population at LSMU.
- Problem-based learning curriculum, which allows students to solve clinical cases, conduct research, discuss and present hypothetical theories, solutions or recommendations.
- Diploma recognized in the EU, USA, Israel, and other countries.
- Possibility to spend a semester or a year abroad with the Erasmus+ exchange program.
- Small groups, i.e. up to 10 students, in clinical courses.
- Support system for students’ adaptation: mentoring, tutoring and psychological counseling.
International students could be admitted into the English program of the Lithuanian University of Health Sciences if they provide the legalized high school or college certificate and transcript (officially translated into English) and meet the Entrance Exam requirements. Good grades in biology, chemistry, and physics will give preference. Good knowledge of the English language is obligatory.
Items to be submitted (in English or with an authorized English translation):
- Matriculation / School Leaving Certificate confirmed by the governmental authorities (see below "Legalization of Educational Documents");
- Transcripts of high school/ senior secondary school courses verifying successful completion of General Biology and General Chemistry. For Health Psychology program - Mathematics and General Biology;
- Certificate proving the knowledge of the English language: TOEFL – minimum 65 points (iBT); IELTS – above 5.5 points; the certificate confirming the knowledge of a foreign language at minimum B2 level (CEFR) or similar. If you are not able to present any certificate proving the knowledge of the English language you will have to take an English language test prepared by the University. The English language test will be given on the same day as the test in Biology/Chemistry;
- Motivation letter;
- Brief CV;
- Passport or ID copy;
- Health Certificate based on complete medical examination;
- Three passport-type photographs (3x4 cm);
Application fee 150 EUR (nonrefundable).
"Kaunas and the LSMU has been my home for the past 3 years. I can confidently say that my time here has been more than memorable in fact it has been life-changing. The University and the city like many other things in life are at balance. The cold winter is made better by the memories of that gone golden autumn, the long (sometimes never-ending) lectures are made bearable by the smell of that lasagne from the canteen you will go to later, or quiet early bus journeys to classes that are made more entertaining by the amazing bunch of people you meet in Kaunas." - Anish Thomas
About the School
The University is the largest institution of higher education for biomedical sciences in Lithuania, successfully integrating studies, research, and clinical practice. LSMU consists of two main academi ... Read More