The Degree in Speech Therapy Is a title of the Faculty of Education Sciences. It belongs to the area of Health Sciences, with a duration of four years and 240 ECTS credits in its entirety.
The degree in Logopedia qualifies for the regulated profession of speech therapy. This degree develops studies related to all aspects of communication that can manifest as disorders in voice, articulation, comprehension, symbolization and oral and written expression, social relations and thought.
Why study the degree
The curricula currently in force in the different universities have been effective in the training of speech therapists and it is possible to affirm that they are well trained and prepared to face professional challenges at the end of their studies.
They are provided basic training in Linguistics, Education, Psychology, Anatomy, Physiology and Pathology of speech, hearing, language and communication; Knowledge and skills for speech-language intervention in different disorders of language, speech and voice; As well as knowledge about methodological, instrumental and technological resources for the intervention.
The new title proposal opens the possibility for the speech therapists to carry out research work, because after attending the degree and some official postgraduate could have access to the doctorate and, therefore, to present the doctoral thesis.
What is learned
Structure of the Study
- Anatomy of the Organs of Hearing and Language
- Basic Psychological Processes
- Fundamentals of Logopedical Intervention
- Physiology of the Auditory Organs and the Language
- Psychology of Language Development
- Teaching Bases of Logoped Intervention
- Investigation methodology
- Fundamentals of Evaluation and Diagnosis
- Educational Inclusion and Curriculum Adaptation
- Evolutionary Basis Alterations
- Congenital Base Alterations
- Behavioral Based Alterations
- Hearing, Speech and Swallowing Pathology
- Evaluation of Evolutionary Baseline Alterations
- Clinical Audiology
- Assessment of Behavior Based Alterations
- Rehabilitation of Hearing Impairments
- Alterations of Neurological and Anatomical Basis
- Increasing and Alternative Communication
- Disorders of Reading, Writing and Calculus
- Behavior Modification Techniques in Language and Communication Disorders
- Early Intervention Strategies
- Evaluation of Neurological and Anatomical Base Alterations
- Logoped Speech and Voice Intervention
- Practicum I
- Psychology of Communication
- Learning and Perception of Speech
- Cognitive, Social and Personality Development
- New Technologies of Information and Communication Applied to Logopedical Intervention
- Speech-Language Intervention in Speech Disorders
- Rehabilitation of the Apparatus Bucofonador and of the Deglución
- Galician language
- Spanish language
- Evaluation of Logopedical Intervention Programs
- Physiotherapy of the Apparatus Bucofonador
- The Professional Voice
- Therapeutic Communication Skills
- Practicum II
- Final Project
Professional and academic outputs
Speech therapy in hospital centers, nursing homes, foundations of mentally and physically handicapped, associations of the chronically ill and public and private schools.
Common access requirements
In order to request a place, one of the following access requirements established in art. 2 of RD 1892/2008:
- To be in possession of the title of Bachillerato, or equivalent, and to pass the Test of Access to the University (PAU)
- Comply with the requirements for access to the university in the educational systems of member states of the European Union or other states with which Spain has signed international agreements in this area.
- Have passed the University Access Test for over 25 years, or have it passed, in the University System of Galicia, according to previous regulations.
- Have passed the university entrance test for those over 45 years.
- Possess a title of superior technician of professional formation, teachings of plastic arts and design or superior technical technician, or equivalent titles.
- Possess an official university degree, a degree from correspondents to the previous order of university education (graduate, graduate, engineer, etc.) or equivalent degrees.
- To be able to access the university according to educational orders prior to that established by Royal Decree 1892/2008, of November 14, not contemplated in the previous sections.