The title Graduated in Nursing from the UDC Has the objective of training general nurses with scientific, human and capacity for:
- Respond to the health care needs of individuals, families, groups and communities, from a comprehensive conception of the person.
- Establish empathetic and effective interpersonal relationships with patients, families and work teams.
- Act based on ethical principles, respecting individual values and rights and maintaining personal dignity.
- Use critical thinking, reflective practice and scientific methodology.
- Build and contribute to personal, professional and social development.
Clinical training begins with simulated practices for skills development, continuing with clinical practices in care centers that allow the integration and incorporation of knowledge, skills, attitudes and professional values and explore the different realities of care.
Why study the degree
The Nursing degree Which is studied at the University of Nursing A Coruña, is a prestigious degree that enables the graduates to provide health care in different areas of care, both public and private.
The student will receive a high quality teaching with appropriate methodology that allows him to acquire a broad perspective, great variety of ideas, different cultural values, different ways of learning and, above all, the importance of a systematic study of problems and tendencies of Society, health and nursing.
The title of Degree in Nursing constitutes the previous training necessary to access the titles of master, doctorate and specialist nurse.
What is learned
In these studies the future professional is trained to respond to the needs of people and their environment in a dynamic and responsible way in different places of attention and social contexts, for which different disciplines are addressed (biomedical, psychosocial, nursing, ..) By studying the organism, its functions and the behavior of people in the health-disease process, allowing it to provide high-quality health care by applying scientific knowledge and methods and techniques of the discipline.
The practical clinical training of the degree represents a high percentage of the total credits, which allows the student to apply and integrate knowledge, skills and attitudes related to nursing care in a real scenario of professional activity in health care centers.
Structure of the Study
- Fundamentals of Nursing
- Information Systems and Communication in Health Sciences
- Bases for the Interpretation of Scientific Knowledge
- Risk Situations for Health and Radiology
- Clinical stays I
- Clinical Nursing I
- Community Nursing I
- Mental Health Nursing
- Professional Ethics, Legal Framework and Philosophy of Care
- Clinical stays II
- Clinical Nursing II
- Clinical Nursing III
- Maternal and Child Nursing
- Clinical stays III
- Gerontology Nursing
- Community Nursing II
- Management of Nursing Services
- Clinical stays IV
- Clinical stays V
- Clinical stays VI
- Clinical stays VII
- Final Project
It is advisable to have an attitude of helping people, willingness to work as a team, continued study, continuous adaptation to change and handling situations with great emotional load. It also requires responsibility, balance, and personal maturity.
Common access requirements
In order to request a place, one of the following access requirements established in art. 2 of RD 1892/2008:
- To be in possession of the title of Bachillerato, or equivalent, and to pass the Test of Access to the University (PAU)
- Comply with the requirements for access to the university in the educational systems of member states of the European Union or other states with which Spain has signed international agreements in this area.
- Have passed the University Access Test for over 25 years, or have it passed, in the University System of Galicia, according to previous regulations.
- Have passed the university entrance test for those over 45 years.
- Possess a title of superior technician of professional formation, teachings of plastic arts and design or superior technical technician, or equivalent titles.
- Possess an official university degree, a degree from correspondents to the previous order of university education (graduate, graduate, engineer, etc.) or equivalent degrees.
- To be able to access the university according to educational orders prior to that established by Royal Decree 1892/2008, of November 14, not contemplated in the previous sections.
About the School
The University of Coruña was founded under the Galician Universities Law 11/1989 on July 20th, 1989. The Constituent Assembly passed the University Statutes on the February 4th, 1992and these were pub... Read More