B.S. in Nursing to Doctor of Nursing Practice (D.N.P.)
Save time and money by diving right into earning your D.N.P. at Northern Illinois University. Through this practice-based program, you’ll gain the hands-on experience and expertise to lead in specialized advanced nursing practice and research. Learn to formulate and implement patient care plans, applying credible research findings to innovate and enhance care.
- Credits Required: 76 credit hours.
- Cost Per Credit Hour: $720 per credit hour.
- Time to Completion: Full-time students can complete their degree in as few as four years. The maximum time to completion is 10 years.
- Program Modality: Coursework is online and the program has occasional, prearranged campus meetings.
- Accreditation: Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE).
- Hands-on Experience: Apply your knowledge immediately with an in-person practicum at a health care facility near you. Having trouble finding one? We can help place you.
- Fast-track Your Career: Skipping the master’s degree and earning your D.N.P. can save you time and earn you up to $9,000 more annually than those in similar positions with a master’s degree.1
Earning your D.N.P. degree prepares you for nursing roles including:
- Nurse Practitioner: $110,930 median annual salary.2
- Nurse Educator: $73,503 average annual salary.3
- Nurse Administrator: $84,593 average annual salary.4
Our online B.S. in Nursing to D.N.P. has the following admissions requirements:
- Current Illinois RN license.
- Official transcripts.
- A bachelor’s degree in nursing from an accredited program.
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 in the last 60 hours of your bachelor’s program.
- A professional goal statement.
- Three professional letters of reference.
1Yox, S. B., RN, Ed.D., Stokowski, L. A., RN, M.S., McBride, M., & Berry, E. (Dec. 13, 2016). Medscape Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) Salary Report 2016 (Rep.). Retrieved Jan. 31, 2019, fromhttps://www.medscape.com/features/slideshow/aprn-salary-report
2Bureau of Labor Statistics. (April 13, 2018). Nurse Anesthetists, Nurse Midwives, and Nurse Practitioners. Retrieved Jan. 31, 2019, from https://www.bls.gov/ooh/healthcare/nurse-anesthetists-nurse-midwives-and-nurse-practitioners.htm
3Payscale. (n.d.) Average Nurse Educator Salary. Retrieved Jan. 31, 2019, fromhttps://www.payscale.com/research/US/Job=Nurse_Educator/Salary
4Payscale (n.d.) Average Nurse Administrator Salary. Retrieved Jan. 31, 2019, fromhttps://www.payscale.com/research/US/Job=Nurse_Administrator/Salary
About the School
Create an educational experience as unique as you, and pursue your passion from day one. Get the preparation you need for a successful life and career and the individual support you deserve. Welcome t ... Read More