What is PAP?
PAP is a 15 months recognition/adaptation program specially designed for international nurses.
This program prepares candidates in the German language, subject-oriented language, and knowhow of theory, geriatric practical training & intercultural competences. The curriculum is coordinated with German agency for health and social affairs (LAGuS) and conducted in cooperation with bb gesellschaft für beruf + bildung mbH. The participants can apply for German recognition as a senior care nurse after successful completion of the coursework. Candidates of PAP program are eligible to apply for the equivalence of German geriatric-nurses.
- German language
- Nursing curriculum (geriatric)
- Internships in nursing facilities(stationary & ambulatory)
WHO CAN APPLY?
- Completed diploma/vocational nursing
- Completed bachelor/master in nursing
- Those who have an official recognition as nurses in their home country
The German population undergoes a rapid process of aging. The amount of elderly people and their part of the population increases fast. This demographic change in Germany concerns nursing care in 2 aspects: With the aging of the population the demand for nursing specialists increases when simultaneously, the workforce potential decreases.
Thus, Germany is in desperate need of nursing specialists, which leads to excellent job opportunities for well trained international nurses and healthcare professionals. There are many job offers on the German labor market at the moment.
- Complete the application form and send the required documents, wait for our International office /ministry of health to verify/proof your documents (3 to 4 Weeks).
- When accepted, students receive the IAS admission acceptance form. It has to be signed and sent back to IAS via email as a scanned copy (1 to 2 weeks).
- Transfer Fees
- Original admission letter via email
- Open Blocked Bank account in Germany
- Apply for Visa
- Once your Visa is issued, Pack your bags and fly to Germany!
Apply now with all your documents plus Hepatitis B Vaccination.
In order to get an admission to PAP, all documents should be sent to us in proper format along with our APPLICATION FORM. It is very important that students follow these rules and send their documents in perfect order for a smooth and fast processing. Documents that are incomplete or in improper format will not be processed for admission.
All application documents have to be notarized!
- PAP application form
- Declaration form (I apply through)
- English Language Proficiency Test Results (IELTS recommended)
- Certificate of Hepatitis B Vaccination
- Health Certificate
- Secondary schooling or equivalent (both: front and back page)
- If existent: Higher Secondary or equivalent (both: front and back page)
- Professional qualification certificate (Degree certificate)
- Curricular of the professional qualification
- If existent: consolidated mark sheets from the university or college (if coursework completed)
- If existent: individual semester wise mark sheets
- If existent: provisional certificate (note: we do not accept the course completion certificate as an equivalent)
- Photocopy of passport (front and back page)
- Extra-curricular activity certificates (if any)
- German language certificates (if any)
- Professional passport size photograph in good resolution (as JPEG, Gif, PNG, Tif-titled)
- Work experience certificates (if any)
- Registered Nurse - certificate
Candidates for PAP program are eligible to apply for equivalence as German geriatric nurse. The license is valid in Germany and other European countries.
Germany is in desperate need of nursing specialists, which leads to excellent job opportunities for trained nurses and healthcare professionals. There are many job offers on the German labor market at the moment.
- German language (more than 600 hours of professional language training)
- Tasks and concepts in the geriatric care
- Support of elderly people in day to day activities
- Legal and institutional parameters of the work of a geriatric nurse
- How to plan the nursing process, evaluation, and documentation
- Internship in a nursing facility (stationary and ambulatory)
- Intercultural and social training
Program taught in: