PhotoMIX Ltd. / Pexels
About this course
People have been treating diseases, mental and physical, with herbs for thousands of years. Each village used to have its own Master Herbalist, a specialist who would treat those around them with their knowledge of the natural world and the cures we can find in plants.
Do you want to learn these traditional cures? Would you like to use your knowledge to help yourself and others become healthier and happier?
The information in this course, paired with contemporary medicine, can help people live longer, happier, healthier lives. These practices have been passed down through Master Herbalists over thousands of years - and now you can learn online, in your home or anywhere in the world!
What you'll learn
- How to use herbs to improve your quality of life
- Where to source herbs that are grown naturally
- The proper way to store and process the herbs you'll use
- How to grow your own herbs
- How to use herbs as complementary treatments
- The history and traditions of Master Herbalists
Who is this course for?
This course is for anyone who would like to use ancient, natural healing traditions to improve their quality of life. While not a substitute for advanced medicine, herbs can help facilitate healing and are used to help with many medical conditions, both mental and physical.
How will it help me?
By becoming a Master Herbalist and using your knowledge, you can help those around you live healthier lives. You will learn about the disease, underlying causes, and the herbal treatments that can cure those issues. Using the information in this course, you can fold ancient treatments into your daily life, find a job helping heal people, or share your knowledge with your community.
No formal qualifications are required.
Pixabay / Pexels
- This course is CPD/CE accredited. CPD accredited courses count towards the total of CPD hours to submit for your job role. CPD points are accepted and recognized by employers from both the public and private sectors, and academic institutions across the UK and internationally.
- ICOES (International Council for Online Educational Standards) accredited.
Receive your certificate in 4 simple steps
Follow the easy peasy enrollment process
Absorb and remember course content with our easy-to-follow, structured information and helpful illustrations. And yes - you can study anywhere, anytime, from any device
Reinforce your learning with quizzes at the end of each module
Once you’ve successfully completed your course and passed the exams, you’ll receive your certification. Congratulations on your amazing achievement!
Module 1: Introduction
- 1.1 Introduction
- 1.2 Essential home remedy kit
- 1.3 Growing your own medicine
Module 2: Mind, Emotions And Nervous System
- 2.1 Disorders of the mind and emotions
- 2.2 Stress
- 2.3 Healing highlight: Rose
- 2.4 Nervous system
- 2.5 Healing highlight: Rosemary
Module 3: Digestive And Urinary System
- 3.1 Digestive system
- 3.2 Healing highlight: Dandelion
- 3.3 Healing highlight: Milk thistle
- 3.4 Urinary system
- 3.5 Healing highlight: Nettle
Module 4: Respiratory System And The Skin
- 4.1 The respiratory system
- 4.2 Healing highlight: Lavender
- 4.3 The skin
- 4.4 Healing highlight: Calendula
Module 5: Heart And Blood Health
- 5.1 Heart attacks
- 5.2 Nourishing the heart
- 5.3 Healing highlight: Hawthorn
Module 6: Bones, Muscles And Joints
- 6.1 Disorders of the bones, muscles, and joints
- 6.2 Healing highlight: Comfrey
Module 7: Eyes And Ears
- 7.1 Disorders of the eyes and ears
- 7.2 Healing highlight: Fennel
Module 8: Women’s Health
- 8.1 Menstrual cycle and fertility
- 8.2 Pregnancy
- 8.3 Breastfeeding
- 8.4 Menopause
- 8.5 Healing highlight: Motherwort
- 8.6 Healing highlight: Sweet violet
Module 9: Babies And Children
- 9.1 Treating children
- 9.2 Healing highlight: Chamomile
- 9.3 Final thoughts
Program taught in: