The course “Human Reproduction” provides high-level specialized education in Biology, Genetics, Reproductive Endocrinology and applies for specialists (Gynecologists, Endocrinologists, Biologists, Midwives, Researchers, Nurses etc.) providing a premium level training of this scientific field.
This online course combines coursework and practical experience on individual topics as well as clinical research. The Internship, that requires physical presence, takes place in the meeting rooms, surgery rooms, clinical laboratories of the GENESIS ATHENS Clinic (Greece), and in rooms of pure research as well, using live models and simulators with telematics and personal attendance of learners. The course includes 25 weeks of theoretical training and 1 week of practical training.
The present course is included in the health category of our online courses and it runs via a user-friendly educational platform. Once the participant completes all the units successfully, he/she receives a certificate of specialized training.
The programme is addressed to healthcare professionals (doctors, gynaecologists, biologists, midwives, graduates of Universities, Technologic Foundations, Colleges) as well as graduates of medical and nursing schools, who wish to learn the principles and methods of investigation and treatment of infertile couples.
The purpose of the programme is to provide learners with all scientific insights into every topic of Human Reproduction. Its utility lies in acquiring knowledge, developing skills and very important practical procedures for the treatment of infertility.
The programme of continuing education and training includes theoretical modules with eight separate sections and 25 training lessons on the male and female infertility, providing a high level of specialized knowledge in biology, genetics, and endocrinology of reproduction.
In addition, the programme will combine beyond the coursework and the practical experience of the specific scientific topics and the clinical research, as well. It should be particularly emphasized that the practice that was first introduced in the e-learning program for continuing education in health and in particular the "HUMAN REPRODUCTION" will take place in the meeting rooms, surgery rooms and clinical laboratories of GENESIS ATHENS, a place of pure research, using live models and simulators as with telematics and personal attendance of learners.
Specifically, it includes:
- Reproductive Endocrinology.
- Male infertility.
- Female infertility.
- Recurrent miscarriages, causes and treatment of these.
- Management of the infertile couple with assisted reproductive techniques, counselling and support as the legal framework for assisted reproduction.
- Assisted reproductive techniques with stimulation protocols, artificial insemination, egg fertilization and preimplantation genetic diagnosis.
- Research in Infertility with genomics and epi-genomics in the stem cells, in the pathophysiology of endometriosis, factors affecting implantation, recent data on IVF, as epigenetic processes and human reproduction.
- Obstetrical monitoring in high-risk pregnancies, antenatal modern bank hematopoietic and mesenchymal cells, ultrasound monitoring throughout pregnancy and as the mother and child care.
The ultimate goal of the program is aimed at health professionals and the most graduate of medical and nursing schools, as possible, to become partakers of the principles and methods of investigation and treatment of infertile couples.