Contemporary Mental Health - Advanced Professional Development [Level HE7] part-time
This module is aimed at all professionals involved with the care of individuals in the fields of health, social care and early years. This module is designed to develop your knowledge of the key research principles applied in contemporary mental health and social care. You will learn to evaluate evidence, arguments and assumptions in mental health practice. It will encourage you to selectively utilise research knowledge to inform and evaluate current and future practice.
- Incidence of mental health.
- Classification of mental health disorders.
- History and stigma of mental health.
- Holistic approach to patient care with mental health disorders.
- Approaches to mental heal care such as: communication, core skills, non judgmental, de-escalation.
- Common mental health and enduring serious mental health issues.
- Policy and legislation - mental health act, capacity act.
- Social inclusion, social and medical model.
- Interventions: CBT, primary care therapies, and improving access to psychological therapies.
- Risk choices.
The learning outcomes of this course have been mapped against the Knowledge and Skills Framework (KSF).
You should have previously studied some Level HE6 modules in education, early years or social care.
Previous work or voluntary experience in a relevant field is also required.
You will be interviewed as part of the application process.
If English is not your first language you will also normally need IELTS 6.5 (or equivalent). If you do not have the required English level, you can study English with us from IELTS 4.0 (or equivalent).
This school offers programs in:
Last updated October 2, 2017