Healthcare has experienced enormous leaps of innovation over the past several decades with advances in technology such as artificial intelligence, better therapeutic options, and improved diagnostics due to breakthroughs in data analysis and health informatics. The majority of this innovation has been focused on the development of new drugs, medical devices, diagnostic procedures, and therapies — now is the time to bring the delivery of healthcare services up to par with the modern world. An innovative mindset in healthcare is needed to improve quality, enhance the patient experience, reduce harm, improve access, increase efficiency, eliminate waste, and lower costs.
The Certificate in Innovation in Healthcare Management empowers healthcare industry professionals — from senior executives to aspiring managers — to foster effective, innovative environments and deliver results from new innovations.
Be a Driver of Innovation in Your Healthcare Organization
- #1 Most Innovative School in the U.S. (ASU, U.S. News & World Report 2016–2020)
- #1 ranking in Internationalism of Alumni in The Economist 2014
- #15 ranking for Overall Executive Education in the Financial Times 2015
Free-Photos / Pixabay
By using real-world examples and applied scenarios, this experiential Certificate in Innovation in Healthcare Management enables participants to be more informed catalysts of valuable innovation. This ground-breaking healthcare innovation program was co-developed by the Associate Dean of Innovation for the world’s top-ranked global management program and focuses on addressing current healthcare issues and real-world applicability of learning content. The eight-week online program carries 16 Continuing Education Units (CEUs).
Students who undertake our healthcare innovation course will be introduced to concepts and definitions which include, but are not limited to, ideation and evaluation of ideas, identifying ways to turn innovative ideas into valuable strategies and business models, and ultimately delivering results from innovation.
- Unit 1: Megatrends in Healthcare
- Unit 2: Ideation Best Practices
- Unit 3: Effective Validation
- Unit 4: Understanding Resource Constraints
- Unit 5: Planning for New Innovations
- Unit 6: Creating Valuable Advantages
- Unit 7: Winning Adoption for New Ideas
- Unit 8: Delivering Rapid Results
Participants of the Certificate in Innovation in Healthcare Management will earn the following skills:
- Describe key trends in the healthcare industry
- Recognize key environmental constraints impacting healthcare providers and healthcare service companies
- Identify opportunities for innovation in the healthcare industry
- Apply and summarize effective validation strategies for healthcare innovations
- Identify ways to turn innovative ideas into valuable strategies and business models
- Recognize planning models and payoff measurements for new innovation projects
- Identify resource needs for new innovation projects
- Outline techniques for encouraging others to adopt new innovations
- Create a 90-day delivery plan that includes keys to delivering intended results
Who should study this program?
This online course empowers healthcare industry professionals, from senior executives to aspiring managers, to foster effective innovation environments and deliver results from new innovations. Groups that could especially benefit from this certificate program are:
- Executive leadership
- Mid- to senior-level managers
- Personnel with a budget, management, or team-level decision responsibility
- High-potential management candidates
About Thunderbird School of Global Management
The Thunderbird School of Global Management is a unit of the Arizona State University Knowledge Enterprise. Combined, they hold numerous rankings such as a No. 1 Master's in Management from the Times Higher Education/Wall Street Journal Business Schools Report 2019; No. 1 for the Public University of Choice for International Students (ASU) in the 2018 Open Doors Report by the Institute of International Education; No. 1 for Most Innovative School in the U.S. (ASU) in the U.S. News & World Report 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019; and No. 1 for Internationalism of Alumni; among others.
Thunderbird School of Global Management is the vanguard of global leadership, management, and business education for the Fourth Industrial Revolution. They prepare future-ready leaders, managers, entrepreneurs, and intrapreneurs across the private and public sectors who advance inclusive and sustainable prosperity worldwide.
About the School
Dignity Health Global Education (DHGE) is the leading healthcare workforce development company. Dedicated to providing customized educational opportunities and a student-centric experience, we develop ... Read More