- Get 1-1 live support from experienced facilitators
- 9 units taking you through the marketing essentials
- #21 ranking in 2019 for Best Online MBA by U.S. News & World Report
The healthcare industry has shifted from volume-based care to value-based care: More than ever, healthcare organizations have to prioritize patient engagement and health outcomes. Patients have become more involved with their own health. Providers must adjust how they engage their target audience to remain relevant and ensure success — in short: They must adapt and lead in a patient-centric approach.
The Certificate in Healthcare Marketing was designed to equip healthcare professionals with key marketing concepts, tools, and case studies so they can transform patient interactions into positive customer experiences. Developed in collaboration with the Pepperdine Graziadio Business School and with industry experts, the courses are specifically developed for medical marketing and healthcare marketing, which is unlike marketing in any other field, as the strategies are impacting consumer’s health.
Daria Shevtsova / Pexels
The Certificate in Healthcare Marketing provides industry professionals with the skills to move their organization towards a new healthcare paradigm with a customer-centric approach. It will advance students’ intellectual and professional skills in key marketing areas such as marketing strategies and insights, segmentation and targeting, brand development, customer loyalty, and marketing mix strategy.
In nine weeks, the certificate covers the following topics in a context of healthcare marketing and medical marketing:
- Unit 1: Introduction to Healthcare Marketing
- Unit 2: Marketing Insights
- Unit 3: Customer Assessment
- Unit 4: Marketing Segmentation and Targeting
- Unit 5: Brand Development
- Unit 6: Creating Value — Product, Service, and Pricing Strategy
- Unit 7: Delivering Customer Value Through Distribution
- Unit 8: Communicating Value-Promotional Strategy and Customer Loyalty
- Unit 9: Monitoring the Plan
Upon completion of this nine-week online medical marketing course, graduates will be able to:
- Assess the effectiveness of a healthcare marketing plan
- Interpret and present relevant data (quantitative and qualitative) to support marketing recommendations and decisions
- Create viable, executable marketing strategies and tactics for a healthcare organization
Who should study this program?
The Certificate in Healthcare Marketing is designed for various professionals wanting to learn more about a patient-centric healthcare organization and apply new innovative marketing approaches. Specifically, it can benefit:
- Marketing professionals and recent graduates new to healthcare
- Healthcare professionals new to marketing
- Healthcare marketing professionals wanting to connect with peers
- Leadership and business developers looking to learn new marketing strategies
About the Pepperdine Graziadio Business School
For the last 50 years, the Pepperdine Graziadio Business School has challenged individuals to think boldly and drive meaningful change within their industries and communities. Dedicated to developing Best for the World Leaders, the Graziadio School offers a comprehensive range of MBA, MS, executive, and doctoral degree programs grounded in integrity, innovation, and entrepreneurship. The Graziadio School advances experiential learning through small classes with distinguished faculty that stimulate critical thinking and meaningful connection, inspiring students and working professionals to realize their greatest potential as value-centered leaders.
Pepperdine University is a private institution founded in 1937. It has a total undergraduate enrollment of 3,604. Its setting is suburban, with the Malibu campus spanning 830 acres. In the 2019 edition of Best Colleges, Pepperdine University ranked 46 on the list of National Universities. The Pepperdine Online MBA ranks No. 21 for Best Online MBA in the U.S. News & World Report 2019.
About the School
Dignity Health Global Education (DHGE) is the leading healthcare workforce development company. Dedicated to providing customized educational opportunities and a student-centric experience, we develop ... Read More