With this Certificate under your belt, you will be able to complete specialized tasks and functions in aged services; either in residential, home or community-based environments.
You will learn how to facilitate the empowerment of older people, provide support to people living with dementia, deliver care services using a palliative approach and so much more.
By completing this qualification, you could gain employment as:
- Accommodation Support Worker
- Care Supervisor
- Personal Care Assistant
visit kiranacolleges.edu.au/international for a full list
International students must be at least 18 years of age and need to demonstrate English language proficiency at IELTS 5.5 or equivalent. It is required that students have obtained a minimum of an Australian High School Certificate or equivalent.
- 8 Figtree Drive, Sydney Olympic Park NSW 2127
Training is delivered by Kirana Colleges (Australia)
RTO Provider Code: 91341 CRICOS Provider Code: 03576B
A total of 20 hrs per week that includes classroom, practical playgroup, online and work placement.
39 weeks; 30 weeks of tuition and up to 9 break weeks.
Maximum break applies to courses crossing over the Christmas/New Year break.
4 intakes per year- January, April, July, and October.
Fees are subject to change.
Recognition of Prior Learning
You may apply to have previous courses, formal qualifications, knowledge, work experience and/or life experiences assessed for credit or exemption towards this course. Please contact us for more information.
A total of 18 units are required to complete this qualification; fifteen (15) core and three (3) elective units.
- CHCADV001 Facilitate the interests and rights of clients
- CHCAGE001 Facilitate the empowerment of older people
- CHCAGE003 Coordinate services for older people
- CHCAGE004 Implement interventions with older people at risk
- CHCAGE005 Provide support to people living with dementia
- CHCCCS006 Facilitate individual service planning and delivery
- CHCCCS011 Meet personal support needs
- HLTWHS002 Follow safe work practices for direct client care
- CHCCCS023 Support independence and wellbeing
- CHCCCS025 Support relationship with carers and families
- CHCDIV001 Work with diverse people
- CHCLEG003 Manage legal and ethical compliance
- CHCPAL001 Deliver care services using a palliative approach
- CHCPRP001 Develop and maintain networks and collaborative partnerships
- HLTAAP001 Recognise healthy body systems
- CHCCOM002 Use communication to build relationships
- BSBMGT401 Show leadership in the workplace
- CHCCCS001 Address the needs of people with chronic disease
CRICOS Course Code: 094463B
Training and Assessment
Our courses involve a combination of classroom and online learning, practical sessions, research and project work plus work placement in a registered care organization. Students are required to attend classroom-based face-to-face training for 15 hours per week and study online, in their own time, for a minimum of 5 hours per week. We utilize a range of assessment methods including role plays, written assessments, skills demonstration, projects, presentations, training records and work samples for the assessment of competency.
This course requires you to complete 120 hours of supervised work placement in an approved registered care organization. We assist our students studying on campus to undertake work placement that consists of 10 weeks work placement over the duration of the course.
Kirana Colleges Packaged Qualifications
Kirana Colleges has the following qualification packages available to study in Australia.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated March 11, 2018