This course will give you the skills and knowledge to provide person-centred support to people who may require support due to ageing, disability or some other reason. Give back to your community now and experience one of the most fulfilling careers.
By completing this qualification, you could gain employment as:
- Care Assistant
- In-Home Respite Worker
- Residential Care Worker
visit kiranacolleges.edu.au/international for a full list
International students must be at least 18 years of age and need to demonstrate English language proficiency at IELTS 5.5 or equivalent. It is required that students have obtained a minimum of an Australian High School Certificate or equivalent.
- 8 Figtree Drive, Sydney Olympic Park NSW 2127
Training is delivered by Kirana Colleges (Australia)
RTO Provider Code: 91341 CRICOS Provider Code: 03576B
A total of 20 hrs per week that includes classroom, practical playgroup, online and work placement.
39 weeks; 30 weeks of tuition and up to 9 break weeks. Maximum break applies to courses crossing over the Christmas/New Year break.
4 intakes per year- January, April, July, and October.
Fees are subject to change.
Recognition of Prior Learning
You may apply to have previous courses, formal qualifications, knowledge, work experience and/or life experiences assessed for credit or exemption towards this course. Please contact us for more information.
All students must satisfy Australian Police and Working with Children/Vulnerable People checks (including Police Clearance). Campus Support Officers will assist you on orientation day.
A total of 13 units are required to complete this qualification; seven (7) core and six (6) elective units.
- HLTWHS002 Follow safe work practices for direct client care
- HLTAAP001 Recognise healthy body systems
- CHCCOM005 Communicate and work in health or community services
- CHCDIV001 Work with diverse people
- CHCLEG001 Work legally and ethically
- CHCCCS015 Provide individualized support
- CHCCCS023 Support independence and well being
- CHCCCS011 Meet personal support needs
- CHCAGE005 Provide support to people living with dementia
- CHCDIS002 Follow established person-centred behaviour supports
- CHCPAL001 Deliver care services using a palliative approach
- CHCPRP003 Reflect on and improve own professional practice
- CHCAGE001 Facilitate the empowerment of older people
CRICOS Course Code: 094462C
Training and Assessment
Our courses involve a combination of classroom and online learning, practical sessions, research and project work plus work placement in a registered care organization. Students are required to attend classroom-based face-to-face training for 15 hours per week and study online, in their own time, for a minimum of 5 hours per week. We utilize a range of assessment methods including role plays, written assessments, skills demonstration, projects, presentations, training records and work samples for the assessment of competency.
This course requires you to complete 120 hours of supervised work placement in an approved registered care organization. We assist our students studying on campus to undertake work placement that consists of 10 weeks work placement over the duration of the course.
Kirana Colleges Packaged Qualifications
Kirana Colleges has the following qualification packages available to study in Australia.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated March 11, 2018