Duration: 2 Years
Starts On: January, April & September
Campus: London or Reading
Awarding Body: Edexcel
This course builds on the knowledge and skills learnt during the Certificate programme, providing advanced preparation for those who wish to pursue care management and administrative posts in healthcare services.
This HND Health and Social Care Management BTEC course focuses on human resources, financial, political, cultural, economic, ethical, industrial, technological and psycho-social aspects of healthcare.
This HND Health and Social Care course offers a broad-based introduction to Health Care Management. The course is delivered through lectures and tutorials. Assessment includes assignments, case studies, projects and presentations.
Students can apply for various jobs in the healthcare industry such as healthcare analysts, healthcare planners and management or administrative oriented roles. The diploma also enables candidates to enter professional training at advanced levels in areas such as nursing, midwifery or professions allied to medicine such as occupational therapy or physiotherapy.
Why should I choose ABI College?
- Established College with an excellent reputation.
- A challenging academic environment that is focused on bringing out the best in you.
- Friendly enthusiastic tutors.
- Variety of teaching methods.
- Well equipped teaching rooms.
- Individual attention to your learning needs.
- Many of the computing facilities can be accessed across the internet from home, allowing students to work on their assignments whenever and wherever they choose.
The first year of the course provides you with a good understanding of Health Care Management and Health and Safety, along with the everyday skills needed for working in Care sector.
- Unit 1: Communicating in Health and Social Care Organisations.
- Unit 2: Principles of Health and Social Care Practice.
- Unit 3: Health and Safety in the Health and Social Care Workplace.
- Unit 4: Personal and Professional Development in Health and Social Care.
- Unit 5: Working in Partnership in Health and Social Care.
- Unit 6: Research Project.
- Unit 7: Social Policy.
- Unit 9: Empowering Users of Health and Social Care Services.
- Unit 10: Safeguarding in Health and Social Care.
- Unit 11: The Role of Public Health in Health and Social Care.
- Unit 13: Managing Human Resources in Health and Social Care.
- Unit 14: Managing Financial Resources in Health and Social Care.
- Unit 21: Supporting Significant Life Events.
- Unit 24: Understanding the Learning Process.
- Unit 25: Influences on Health and Social Care Organisations.
- Unit 27: Managing Quality in Health and Social Care.
- A BTEC level 3 qualification in an appropriate area.
- All Level 3 qualifications welcome.
- An Access to Higher Education Diploma.
- An equivalent foreign qualification.
- We welcome qualifications from around the world.
Applicants without formal qualifications
Even if you do not have any of the qualifications listed above, we would still be pleased to hear from you. We welcome applications from students with work or other experience and we will carry out our own assessment of your eligibility.
English Language Requirements
For Level 4/5 programmes, you must have a minimum of Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) level B1 – (PTE Academic = 36 (in all 4 skills) or IELTS = 4.0 (in all 4 skills)), or equivalent. Applicants must provide proof of their scores, ideally an IELTS TRF (test report form), but internationally recognized equivalents will also be accepted.
About the School
We are an Independent College providing an Academically excellent, Business oriented, and Innovative learning environment with high standards of teaching, small class sizes and excellent student suppo ... Read More