|Bachelor of Health Care
210 ECTS credits
Degree Programme in Nursing
Campus: Satakunnankatu 23, Pori
|Apply at Studyinfo.fi
Applying takes place online at Studyinfo service in January 2018 (see also for admission requirements):
Bachelor of Health Care, Nursing, full-time studies, Pori
Please see Studyinfo.fi (headline 'Admission and entrance exams') for admission criteria.
|Entrance exam spring 2018
1-day exam for each applicant. The examination cannot be replaced with any other entrance examination or test result, and the examination result doesn’t replace any other examination result. All eligible applicants are invited to the examination in Pori. The result is valid only in the application round of Spring 2018.
Promoting Clients Health and Wellbeing and Treating Their Diseases
The Degree Programme in Nursing will prepare you for a valued profession, in which you will be working with clients of different age groups promoting their health and well-being and treating their diseases. You will gain competences based on ethical principles, comprehensive and multidisciplinary knowledge, practical skills and interaction skills.
SAMK students will be employed
As a graduate nurse, you can work in different care settings from clients' homes and open counselling centres to intensive care units in hospitals as well as a private entrepreneur.
Modern and Versatile Campus
The new SAMK-campus is located in the city centre of Pori and it is future’s learning environment.
- Over 4000 students
- Diversified: business, health care and social services, technology, tourism
- Around 600 degrees per year
- Good traffic connections: located next to the Travelling Centre of Pori. It is easy to arrive by a local or long-distance bus and within walking distance from the airport.
- Basic Studies (Communication Skills and Basic Nursing Interventions)
- Professional Studies (Medical, Surgical and Perioperative Nursing, Child and Adolescent Nursing, Family Nursing, Mental Health and Substance Abuse Nursing, Gerontological and District Nursing, Clinical Calculations)
- Clinical Practice and a Bachelor’s thesis
Your studies consist of contact classes, projects, clinical simulations and online studies.
The studies take place in English in a multicultural group of students in close cooperation with nursing settings and health care agencies. Internationality is integrated as a natural part of the degree programme. Internationality competence manifests itself as language skills, interactive skills and cultural competence. The student also has the possibility of completing studies or practical training periods abroad.
Goals of the Studies
- your professionalism in nursing is based on health promotion and ethical practice
- you are able to work independently and in multidisciplinary teams
- you are creative and innovative in developing client-oriented services in social and healthcare
Practical Training and Thesis
The practical training introduces the student to practical work tasks that are essential especially to the professional skills and to the application of knowledge and skills in professional work. The practical training can be completed in the private or public sector, as an entrepreneur or in another separately approved working environment, fulfilling the set criteria, either in Finland or abroad.
In the thesis, you demonstrate your ability to apply your knowledge and skills in practical expert duties related to the professional studies.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated February 13, 2018