The Bachelor of Science in Speech, Language and Hearing Sciences (SLHS) prepares student-clinicians to become competent practitioners who can provide clinical services in both Arabic and English for children and adults with various speech, language and hearing problems.
SLHS graduates can apply for registration and classification at the Saudi Commission for Health Specialties (SCFHS) after the completion of an internship year and passing an examination interview at the commission.
To graduate professionals in the field of Speech-Language Pathology to provide quality services for those with communication challenges in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
Why Choose Speech, Language and Hearing Sciences Program at Dar Al-Hekma University?
Dar Al-Hekma (DAH) is the only university in the Western region of Saudi Arabia that offers a Bachelor of Science (BSc.) degree in Speech-Language Pathology.
- The program emphasizes training and competency in both English and Arabic. This empowers student-clinicians to become bilingual practitioners who can provide clinical services in both English and Arabic.
- The SLHS program operates a Speech and Hearing Clinic at the University, which facilitates learning in an experimental setting that mimics real-life clinical experiences. The clinic serves the DAH community which seeks speech, language and hearing services for children, adolescents, and adults with various communication problems.
- The SLHS curriculum is designed to include both theory and hands-on practice. Students must complete two (2) practicum experiences over two (2) semesters under the supervision of qualified Clinical Supervisors with credentials from the American Speech, Language and Hearing Association (ASHA) as holders of the Certificate of Clinical Competence (CCC).
- The SLHS program employs modern and creative teaching methods and learning strategies, such as case simulations, student-centered learning, blended learning, and project-based learning.
- The students have the opportunity to participate in various national and international conferences where they can present their research projects.
- Speech-Language Pathologist
- Speech-Language Pathology Assistant
- Teaching Assistant at a Speech, Language and Hearing Sciences Program
- SLHS graduate can also apply for graduate studies in several fields
About the School
Located in the heart of the metropolitan city of Jeddah, Dar Al-Hekma is one of Saudi Arabia's leading teaching and research universities for young women. Since its opening in 1999, Dar Al-Hekma is de ... Read More