Physiotherapists help to maintain or restore movement and function in people who are affected by illness, disability, or injury. As professionals in movement, they play a key role in promoting health, independence, and quality of life for people of all ages. The Bachelor of Science in Physiotherapy enables graduates to work in hospitals, clinics, private practices, facilities for adults and children with disabilities, as well as in sports with sports teams or individuals. The aim of the program is to prepare graduates for the profession of a physiotherapist with specific health and sports focus, for work as university-educated professionals involved in the development of physiotherapy and the promotion of the integration of theory and practice – individuals possessing the theoretical knowledge and practical skills necessary for lifelong learning in their specialty and for further academic education.
Why Choose Physiotherapy at Palacký University?
With the history of almost three decades, Physiotherapy at Palacký University has a very high reputation in the Czech Republic and worldwide as well. UP graduates have found positions in hospitals, clinics, and other facilities in the United Kingdom, Israel, USA, Canada, Egypt, and others.
The graduates are highly qualified to work in health care settings as well as in sports. Our university provides professionals with superb theoretical knowledge and practical skills. The focus is not only on preparing future physiotherapists but also professionals who will further develop the field of physiotherapy, work in academic settings, and research.
- Human Biology and Somatology
- Selected topics in Natural Sciences
- English proficiency test
- Short interview
Graduates will demonstrate the appropriate level of:
- Knowledge of physiotherapy in Neurology, Pediatrics, Orthopedics, Traumatology, Internal and Pulmonary Medicine, Geriatrics, Cardiology, Rehabilitation Medicine, Outpatient Care, and Sports Medicine;
- Knowledge of the structure, functions, and dysfunctions of the human body;
- Knowledge of diagnostic, therapeutic and preventive methods and procedures;
- Knowledge of the principle of operation of diagnostic, therapeutic and laboratory medical technology;
- Knowledge of ethical principles, values, and issues related to the performance of medical practice;
- Knowledge of the organization and management of medical practice;
- Knowledge of legal, professional, and other standards and codes relevant to the performance of health practice.
Graduates are able to:
- Work in hospitals, clinics, private practices, facilities for adults and children with disabilities, as well as in sports;
- Implement their knowledge of physiotherapy in the medical fields of Neurology, Pediatrics, Orthopedics, Traumatology, Internal Medicine, Pneumology, Geriatrics, provide healthcare in accordance with applicable laws (e.g. diagnostics, design and application of physiotherapy procedures, patient education);
- Use medical devices in their work;
- Keep medical records and other documentation required by special legal regulations;
- Provide information to patients in accordance with their professional competence;
- Participate in the practical teaching of students of physiotherapy study courses and qualification education courses with the relevant professional orientation;
- Confidently promote their role in the relevant field of healthcare and the benefits of physiotherapy.
About the School
It is the university, together with a number of other educational institutions that makes Olomouc the top student city in the Czech Republic – where every fifth person in the city is a student!