Bachelor of Science in Physiotherapy
(Balneology, physical therapy, and rehabilitation)
Balneology, physical therapy, and rehabilitation = Clinical education across diverse areas of practice
- Number of years: 3 years undergraduate degree, 180 credits
- Number of students: 45 students/year
- FEE: 3000 euro/year
What is the Physio-kinesiotherapy?
- Independent and autonomous professionals with the knowledge, skills, and competencies, prepared to have a key role in health systems taking their own decisions.
- Physio-kinesiotherapy provides services to individuals and populations in circumstances where movement and function are or may be, threatened by aging, injury, pain, diseases, disorders, conditions or environmental factors.
- Physio-kinesiotherapy promotes the active participation in society through the development, maintenance and restoration of health, movement capacity, physical activity and functional ability throughout the lifespan.
What the physio-kinesiotherapist do?
- diagnoses the functional problems;
- provides treatment, assisting the person to restore movement and/or avoid injuring themselves further;
- seeks input from other health professionals if required;
- helps the person to achieve the best possible recovery, activity, and quality of life.
Where the physio-kinesiotherapist works?
- Health centers;
- Rehabilitation centers;
- Private practice;
- Occupational health and safety roles at workplaces.
Learning outcomes of the study program
- Physical therapy techniques, and kinesiological, prophylactic and motor rehabilitation assistance;
- Electrotherapy, hydrotherapy, thermotherapy and massage techniques;
- The evaluation of the patients’ anatomical and functional status and the communication of the significant data to the specialized physician;
- Devising and establishing the stages of the individual treatment plans based on static and dynamic physical exercises, chosen in accordance with the clinical diagnosis;
- Application of physical therapy and medical rehabilitation programs in order to restore diminished functions, to increase functional levels and to develop compensatory mechanisms;
- Use of verbal and nonverbal communication in his/her relation with the patient or with the other members of the rehabilitation team;
- Importance and observance of medical ethics and deontology.
The admission of self-funded candidates study programs with tuition in English language at the “Grigore T. Popa” University of Medicine and Pharmacy (U.M.Ph.) of Iași is based on the evaluation of academic and personal achievements and is carried out in compliance with the National Education Law No.1/2011, the guidelines issued by the Ministry of National Education and the rules and regulations of the University, according to the principle of academic autonomy.
Eligibility to enroll in the admission competition for self-funded places (foreign currency), consisting in the evaluation of the candidates’ academic and personal achievements, is as follows: - Citizens from non-EU and EU member states, as well as citizens of the European Economic Area and the Swiss Confederation are eligible to apply for the study programs with tuition in Romanian, English or French language; - Romanian citizens may apply for the study programs with tuition in English or French language.
Professor Anca-Irina Galaction
Medical Bioengineering Faculty, Iasi, Romania
Phone: 004 0726 104955
Email: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
Program taught in: