Since 1989 the Faculty of Pharmacy had gone through a process of permanent development. The members of the academic staff and the numbers of students have increased, the theoretical and practical teaching methods have been continuously updated to meet the requirements of an open and competitive society. Due to a continuous effort to excel in education and research, in 2011, ”Grigore T. Popa” University of Medicine and Pharmacy was classified as Advanced Research and Education University by the Ministry of Education, Research, Youth and Sport in collaboration with the European Universities Association, among the first 12 universities in the country. Moreover, in the same year, the national evaluation process of study programs ranked the Faculty of Pharmacy on the first position in Romania. The Faculty of Pharmacy offers Bachelor’s, Master’s and Ph.D. programs. Today the Faculty of Pharmacy accommodates 1109 students among which 166 students come from foreign countries. 88 students are trained in English. The Faculty of Pharmacy hosts 118 candidates for Internship Studies and 24 candidates for Ph.D. Degree. The training of the students is provided by a highly qualified academic staff.
ADMISSION METHODOLOGY CANDIDATES FROM E.U. AND NON - E.U. COUNTRIES (SELF - FUNDED STUDY PROGRAM)
In order to be admitted, candidates must meet the following requirements:
- they have submitted documents indicating their citizenship;
- they have demonstrated the necessary level of training by means of study records issued by educational establishments authorized in the country of origin;
- they have submitted their application files according to the admission timetable posted on the website of the “Grigore T. Popa” University of Medicine and Pharmacy in Iasi and have complied with the deadline hereby established;
- they have gone through all the evaluation stages hereby outlined in order to be issued the acceptance to study at the “Grigore T. Popa” University of Medicine and Pharmacy in Iași.
HOW TO APPLY
The application file should contain the following documents:
- Standardized Application Form for the issue of the Letter of Acceptance to study (non-E.U. states) / Certificate form (E.U. states) (two copies), completely filled out and signed;
- Two copies and two certified translations of the Baccalaureate Diploma. Graduates of 2016 who have not yet received their Baccalaureate Diplomas will submit official certification signed and/or stamped (depending on the standard procedure of the respective institution), issued by the institution organizing the Baccalaureate Exam; the document should indicate the fact that the candidate has passed the examination and should list the grades obtained for each subject matter (two certified copies). In case the document is not issued in French or English, two original copies of certified Romanian translation are mandatory;
- Two copies and two certified translations of high-school transcript or study records (grades IX-XII), including the results of the Baccalaureate. In case the document is not written in French or English, two original copies of certified Romanian translation are mandatory;
- Birth certificate – two copies and two certified translations. In case the document is not written in French or English, two original copies of certified Romanian translation are mandatory.
- A copy of the document specifying what the stable home address is in the respective country of origin;
- A copy of the passport (pages 1, 2, 3 and 4) valid for at least months following acceptance to study at the University;
- A medical certificate from the country of origin or residence containing:
- proof of hepatitis B vaccination
- mention of any monitoring for chronic diseases
- psychological assessment
- A certificate of linguistic competence in the language of tuition, with level B2/independent user as the minimum acceptable level;
- Statement regarding the enrollment options;
- A receipt of payment of the file processing fee;
- Checklist of submitted documents.
Documents not written in English or French will be translated into Romanian and certified. Diplomas issued in Italy, Greece, Spain, Portugal, and Cyprus will be stamped with the Hague Convention Apostille. Documents of citizens coming from non-EU countries or countries outside of the Hague Convention must be authenticated by the Ministry of Education, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the Romanian Embassy from the country where the documents were issued and by the Romanian Ministry of Foreign Affairs or the Ministry of Education, the Romanian Embassy in the country where the documents were issued and the Romanian Ministry of Foreign Affairs. The candidate's full name (surname, first name) will be written identically (spelling included) in all submitted documents. Any discrepancy/omission will result in the application file not being processed.
An internship is a three year-postgraduate training in two fields:
- Pharmaceutical Laboratory: supervisor-Assoc. Prof. dr. Cornelia Mircea
- Clinical Pharmacy: supervisor- Assoc. Prof. dr. Veronica Bild
- Bachelor's Degree in Pharmacy awarded in Romania or abroad and a good knowledge of the Romanian language are the requirements for the admission in the internship training program.
- UE citizens are accepted to internship program after passing the admission contest.
- For NON-UE citizens the internship fee is 700 EUR/month (7700 EUR/year).
- The final evaluation consists of a written test which assesses theoretical knowledge on the chosen specialty.
- The title offered by the internship program is Specialist Pharmacist in Pharmaceutical Laboratory and Clinical Pharmacy, respectively.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated November 16, 2017