The aim of the study program Occupational Therapy is to educate and train specialists who would have comprehensive knowledge in occupational therapy, the basics of research, and practical skills required for the work of an occupational therapist, for the analysis of a person’s occupational performance, and for the formation of the aims and objectives of occupational therapy.
- Occupational Therapy
- 4 years
- BSc in Health Sciences, Occupational Therapist
- 240 ECTS credits
- 4,500 EUR per year
- Taught in English
After graduation, you can
- Apply for a license to practice occupational therapy;
- Provide occupational therapy services;
- Continue your education by entering master's or Ph.D. programs.
Structure of the program
what you will learn each year
- Year 1: General university education subjects (Introduction to Studies, Professional Language (Latin language, Lithuanian culture), Fundamental subjects in the study field (Philosophy, Anatomy, Cytology, Genetics), First aid, Speciality subjects (Theory and Models of OT), Practice I.
- Year 2: Specialty subjects, General university education subjects (Professional foreign language), Fundamental subjects in the study field (Physiology, Biomechanics, Rehabilitation), Practice II.
- Year 3: Specialty subjects (Activity Problems and OT for patients with Mental Disorders, Activity Disorders and OT, OT in Community), General university education subjects (Health and Medicine), Practice III.
- Year 4: Specialty subjects (Management of Health Care System and Scientific Research in OT, Human Occupation and Environment), PRACTICE IV, V, Preparation and Defence of Bachelor’s Thesis.
Why study Occupational Therapy at LSMU?
- Clinical skills developed in the largest clinical hospital in the Baltic States.
- Degree and professional qualification recognized in EU.
- The multicultural environment and student community: international students from 70 different countries make up nearly 17% of the total student population at LSMU.
- Occupational Therapy program is approved by the World Federation of Occupational Therapy.
- Possibility to spend a semester abroad with the Erasmus+ exchange program.
- Support system for students’ adaptation: mentoring, tutoring and psychological counseling.
- Problem-based learning curriculum, which allows students to solve clinical cases, conduct research, discuss and present hypothetical theories, solutions or recommendations.
- Small groups, i.e. up to 10 students, in clinical courses.
International students could be admitted into the English program of the Lithuanian University of Health Sciences if they provide the legalized high school or college certificate and transcript (officially translated into English) and meet the Entrance Exam requirements. Good grades in biology, chemistry, and physics will give preference. Good knowledge of the English language is obligatory.
Items to be submitted (in English or with an authorized English translation):
- Matriculation / School Leaving Certificate confirmed by the governmental authorities (see below "Legalization of Educational Documents");
- Transcripts of high school/ senior secondary school courses verifying successful completion of General Biology and General Chemistry. For Health Psychology program - Mathematics and General Biology;
- Certificate proving the knowledge of the English language: TOEFL – minimum 65 points (iBT); IELTS – above 5.5 points; the certificate confirming the knowledge of a foreign language at minimum B2 level (CEFR) or similar. If you are not able to present any certificate proving the knowledge of the English language you will have to take an English language test prepared by the University. The English language test will be given on the same day as the test in Biology/Chemistry;
- Motivation letter;
- Brief CV;
- Passport or ID copy;
- Health Certificate based on complete medical examination;
- Three passport-type photographs (3x4 cm);
- Application fee 150 EUR (nonrefundable).
"At the LSMU you must strive to thrive. With a good deal of management, you can excel at your studies and also engage in abundant activities, which keep you busy all year. Don’t believe me?! Come try yourself!" - Lamees Hejazi
About the School
The University is the largest institution of higher education for biomedical sciences in Lithuania, successfully integrating studies, research, and clinical practice. LSMU consists of two main academi ... Read More