The first nursing class from the nursing department at the University of Central Oklahoma graduated in 1972. Since that time, more than 3,500 well-qualified graduate nurses have entered the workforce. Graduates of this program are known for being some of the best nurses in the state of Oklahoma and around the nation, and the UCO Department of Nursing is proud to continue this tradition.
Students interested in earning a degree in nursing from the University of Central Oklahoma now have multiple options for their education. The core of the program is the traditional four-year Bachelor of Science in Nursing and the two-year Master of Science in Nursing. Building on these options is the career advancement program for RNs who want to complete their Bachelor's or Master's degree in nursing.
The University of Central Oklahoma is committed to providing affordable tuition to our students and their families from all over the world. UCO recognizes and rewards student achievements by offering scholarships and awards on the basis of academic merit, talent in the fine arts or athletics. Other awards are based upon financial need. Students may qualify for both types of awards. On-campus employment is also available to assist international students with their cost of living. International students may apply for on-campus jobs and work up to 20 hours per week after they arrive. On-campus employment is not guaranteed.
- For the full list of Scholarships available to Undergraduate Freshman students, please Click here.
- For the full list of Scholarships available to Undergraduate Transfer students, please Click here.
- For the full list of Scholarships available to Graduate students, please Click here.
Please note that applying for most of these scholarships does not require any action from a student. Scholarship decision is made by an Admission's Advisor based on your academic and English proficiency scores. The exceptions are President's Leadership Council, Leaders of Tomorrow Council and Legacy Non-Resident Waiver Scholarships.
- Leadership Scholarship - $400 (one-time award)
- Each Spring semester, several applicants will be awarded pending funding by the administration. The elected ISC President will be awarded $1000.00 each Spring and Fall semester.
- International Pageant Scholarship - Scholarship amounts are granted each Spring for the top three winners of the male and female category.
- Non-Resident Tuition Waiver Scholarship - up to $1,000 (one-time award). The scholarship is awarded to students based on their GPA and leadership involvement while studying at UCO.
- For a list of other scholarship opportunities, please refer to UCO Scholarships and UCO Scholarship Application Utility.
*In most cases, scholarships are stackable but may not exceed the cost of tuition.
Nursing career opportunities include:
- Perioperative (operating rooms)
- Critical care
- Ambulatory care
- Home health care
- Hospice and palliative care
- Occupational health
- Psychiatric-mental health
- Holistic/complementary care
Cost & Fees
- Resident General Tuition Fee per credit hour: $205.35
- Non-Resident General Tuition Fee per credit hour: $344.90