RN to B.S. in Nursing
Secure accelerated career growth with your Bachelor of Science in Nursing. In 2017, 86 percent of employers stated a preference for nurses with a bachelor’s degree, and nearly 50 percent required it.1 Prepare to take advantage of those opportunities.
Through just 11 courses, our RN to B.S. in Nursing will provide you with advanced patient care and critical thinking skills to enhance your career.
- Credits Required: 28 credit hours.
- Cost Per Credit Hour: $348 per credit hour.
- Time to Completion: Full-time students can complete their degree in as few as 12 months. The maximum time to completion is five years.
- Program Modality: All courses are taught 100 percent online.
- Accreditation: Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE).
- Practicum Requirement: Practicums are leadership or population-focused, and provide experience with specific groups to enhance your previous RN work experience. The practicum experience can be completed in your local area including your place of employment. We also assist you with practicum placements.
- CCNE-Accredited Program: Giving you full confidence that what you’re learning meets the highest standards in advanced nursing education.
- Hands-on Experience: Apply your knowledge immediately with a practicum at a health care facility near you.
- Practicum Placement: We provide assistance with practicum placements in your community, so you can provide care to specific populations that enhance your previous RN work experience.
- Experienced, Invested Faculty: Our distinguished faculty combine years of industry expertise with personal attention and community relationships to ensure you meet your academic goals.
- Seamless Matriculation: Take your nursing education even further. Upon acceptance, you can seamlessly transition into our graduate nursing programs.
With your enhanced skills, you’ll graduate ready to pursue leadership roles in patient care across all health care agencies and settings.
Bachelor-prepared RN: $79,000 average annual salary.2
Our online RN to B.S. in Nursing has the following admissions requirements:
- 2.75 minimum GPA.
- Associate degree or diploma nursing program.
- Official transcripts.
- Copy of registered nurse license.
- Meet one of the following criteria within the past five years:
- Have graduated from an associate degree or diploma nursing program.
- Practiced as a registered nurse.
- Have satisfactorily completed an approved refresher course.
1American Association of Colleges of Nursing. (December 2017). Employment of New Nurse Graduates and Employer Preferences for Baccalaureate-Prepared Nurses (Rep.). Retrieved Jan. 31, 2019, from https://www.aacnnursing.org/News-Information/Research-Data-Center/Employment/2017
2PayScale. (n.d.). Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) Degree. Retrieved Jan. 31, 2019, from https://www.payscale.com/research/US/Degree=Bachelor_of_Science_in_Nursing_(BSN)/Salary